Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Interesting. Let's see if this works...

Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Re: Interesting. Let's see if this works...

I "get" that you should be appraised of your rights as a citizen when stopped by a police officer, but openly carrying a gun AND a camera with the sole intention of trying to bait police officers is complete jackass behavior.

I definitely would have behaved differently under those circumstances. There's right and wrong and then there's just common sense.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBrock View Post
    I "get" that you should be appraised of your rights as a citizen when stopped by a police officer, but openly carrying a gun AND a camera with the sole intention of trying to bait police officers is complete jackass behavior.
    I saw this a few weeks ago. The video was taken from the phone he was carrying and the officer did not know he was making a jackass of himself by violating the civil rights of a citizen. The citizen in this case was a law student who was more informed about the law than was the officer, who is in the process of illegally detaining the citizen. In most states it is perfectly legal to open carry, just as it is in Kentucky.

In Kentucky it would also be illegal to detain a citizen simply because they were carrying a firearm.

I would advise anyone to make good use of their phone's camera and voice recording capabilities as a safeguard.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    I saw this a few weeks ago. The video was taken from the phone he was carrying and the officer did not know he was making a jackass of himself by violating the civil rights of a citizen. The citizen in this case was a law student who was more informed about the law than was the officer, who is in the process of illegally detaining the citizen. In most states it is perfectly legal to open carry, just as it is in Kentucky.

In Kentucky it would also be illegal to detain a citizen simply because they were carrying a firearm.

I would advise anyone to make good use of their phone's camera and voice recording capabilities as a safeguard.
    That's all fine. The officer was in the wrong, but the student is still a jackass.

Rupp's Runt

That was just bizarre.

And just from the content of that video, I do not have enough information to make a valid assessment of what was happening, from start to finish.
    MOLON LABE!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBrock View Post
    That's all fine. The officer was in the wrong, but the student is still a jackass.
    Keep in mind that the guy is in law school, he obviously knows his stuff. He was obviously nervous, but stood his ground and was spot on in his assertions that the officer had no probable cause.

I see no reason for citizens to not question a violation of the Constitutional rights.

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    That was just bizarre.

And just from the content of that video, I do not have enough information to make a valid assessment of what was happening, from start to finish.
    Agreed
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    That was just bizarre.

The version I saw on Facebook a couple of weeks ago was accompanied by more information. The law student was walking down the sidewalk and approached by the officer, who confiscated his legally open carried firearm without probably cause. Obviously based on what the LEO stated on the video violating the civil rights on gun owners is a routine procedure for the LEO. The LEO obviously knew he was wrong in his actions, as he returns the firearm, even though the supervisor he claimed was on his way never showed up.

The Portland, OR LEO knowingly and illegally detained the law student, and confiscated his firearm; then relented when he found he was dealing with someone who had enough knowledge to know the LEO was acting illegally.

How many citizens has this LEO harassed and illegally detained? He indicates that it is common practice to detain citizens without probable cause.