Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: RIP David Crosby

RIP David Crosby

CSNY founder

RIP David Crosby

Ouch! Truly saddened by this news… Enjoy the southern cross.

God’s Speed…

http://rss.tribunecontentagency.com/...733_0_20230119

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blueboss; 01-19-2023 at 05:39 PM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: RIP David Crosby

He was the best of the 3 original band mates. Hate it that left us. RIP David
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

A unique person. Saw CSN on their Daylight Again tour--really good concert. RIP.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Founding member of the Byrds. Brought and Introduced Joni Mitchell to the LA music scene, produced her first record.

And CSN, CSNY.

Like a lot of us, many negatives, too. Still, an impactful life.
    Last edited by bigsky; 01-20-2023 at 05:06 AM.

RIP David Crosby

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    Founding member of the Byrds. Brought and Introduced Joni Mitchell to the LA music scene, produced her first record.

And CSN, CSNY.

Like a lot of us, many negatives, too. Still, an impactful life.
    This morning the NBC good morning show did a bit about Crosby’s passing… it was more of a hit piece focusing on his troubles more than his successes…it’s been less than 24 hours since he passed and they’re running down his troubled years of “drug fueled life style” “multiple arrests on drugs and weapon charges”, “countless run ins with the law”…. Not much about his musical genius.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    This morning the NBC good morning show did a bit about Crosby’s passing… it was more of a hit piece focusing on his troubles more than his successes…it’s been less than 24 hours since he passed and they’re running down his troubled years of “drug fueled life style” “multiple arrests on drugs and weapon charges”, “countless run ins with the law”…. Not much about his musical genius.

Most of that defines a lot of the greatest artists of not just this but about any age of human experience doesn't it? Seriously, the list of great writers, painters, poets and musicians with troubled history of drugs, alcohol and general trouble with social norms is so long it might break the internet to post it. If we removed all the great works of art and literature from artists who had either drug addition or raging social diseases or both we would be able to convert phone booths to libraries and art galleries. lol.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame reads like the Betty Ford Clinic roll call. It just works that way. No particular reason to single him out.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post

It is a shame that they chose to make their report a hit piece. It is my hope that the NY Times article about their passing centers on their gambling problem, alcohol consumption, spouse abuse, financial issues, and fails to mention the supportive articles they wrote about the girl scout charity drives for funds to support children's hospitals, and concentrate on the high price and poor quality of their cookies, or the activities of Home Depot employees that contribute time and money to help elderly or indigent persons and families who are devastated by hurricanes, floods, or tornadoes to rebuild their houses or clear debris on their property and focus on the high price and poor service of their employer businesses.

Crosby was a mentor, supporter, and collaborator of many young artists that were trying to get their start in the 60's music scene.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Nobody holier than thou than the msm.

Sure, he cut off his ear, metaphorically. But the change in music he was a big part of the change that really created much of the music of my generation. No longer Buddy Holly OR “Tom Dooley” but both.

Reflecting on the Byrds…
    Chris Hillman: Byrds, Flyin Burrito Bros, Desert Rose Band, Hillman/Pederson
    Gene Clark: Byrds, Dillard& Clark, Solo
    Croz: Byrds, CSN, CSNY, CSN, C&N, solo
    McGuinn’s Byrds all those great iterations including Originals, Sweetheart of the Rodeo, Clarence White’s incredible country rock