Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sh!&@t House Luck

Re: Sh!&@t House Luck

Man, I thought 6 was large. They all seem painful to me.

Lab reports back today, and "nothing to worry about," said the doctor. Just eosinophilic esophagitis. She said that explained things. I go back in a few weeks, where we will discuss more.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Man, I thought 6 was large. They all seem painful to me.

Lab reports back today, and "nothing to worry about," said the doctor. Just eosinophilic esophagitis. She said that explained things. I go back in a few weeks, where we will discuss more.
    You are the second person I know with it

Below are some Tony tips:

1) Wheat and dairy seem to be two of the bigger triggers. When I say trigger...I've never tied any certain food to being an instant reaction.

2) Don't drink when you eat. Sounds crazy I know. lol But the only feeling worse than stuck food is stuck liquid! I do drink when I eat, but I take pauses and breaks. I never just take a drink right after swallowing food.

3) Small sips if you are unsure if your food is stuck. edit: Small sips before big drinks are a good idea.

4) Allergy season seems to make it worse. Stay on top of your allergy and sinus meds if you take those.

5) Always locate the restroom before you eat at a restaurant. This can be important

6) I think we already talked about doughy foods, cheese, and meats. Those can be boogers to swallow.
    Last edited by KentuckyWildcat; 03-03-2023 at 10:25 AM.

Sh!&@t House Luck

Ok, I mis-spoke, my stone was 7 and grew to 9.. so today I went through:

Shock-wave lithotripsy is a noninvasive procedure that uses high-energy sound waves to blast the stones into fragments that are then more easily passed out in the urine.

… was successful, I’m supposed to stay off my feet for the next 24 hours, drink lots of water and strain urine to retrieve stone fragments for follow up visit next week.

I’m having me a year…shoulder, kidney stones, colonoscopy scheduled at end of month.

…oh yeah, I had a cavity that required getting a filling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    You are the second person I know with it

Below are some Tony tips:

1) Wheat and dairy seem to be two of the bigger triggers. When I say trigger...I've never tied any certain food to being an instant reaction.

2) Don't drink when you eat. Sounds crazy I know. lol But the only feeling worse than stuck food is stuck liquid! I do drink when I eat, but I take pauses and breaks. I never just take a drink right after swallowing food.

3) Small sips if you are unsure if your food is stuck. edit: Small sips before big drinks are a good idea.

4) Allergy season seems to make it worse. Stay on top of your allergy and sinus meds if you take those.

5) Always locate the restroom before you eat at a restaurant. This can be important

6) I think we already talked about doughy foods, cheese, and meats. Those can be boogers to swallow.
    Yeah, the first time I remember going to a restaurant and having to visit the restroom for about 30 minutes before achieving success was with my new boss in Montgomery, Alabama in 1989. This has been with me for a long, long time.

My allergies are near legendary. Zyrtec daily and four shots of Flonase currently, but probably going to change that if I can get into see my new allergist.

My problem children food seem to be rice (the worst) and meats in general, chicken in particular. Maybe I just eat more chicken. But chicken and rice is a really bad combination, although I love the dish.

I usually have water with me, but eat until I have stopped eating and just feel thirsty. I don't drink to force it down. Sounds like the tried and true plan is pretty common.

Headed back to the gastroenterologist in the morning. I hate it, but she has me on two prilosec daily now. I'm fine with that if it serves a purpose, but she's going to have to explain it to me carefully. I don't suffer from GERD--I used to, but that's just not my issue, and hasn't been for many years now. The proton pump inhibitor probably does something else, but acid reflux is what it seems to be marketed for, and that just isn't a big deal with me. I mean, occasionally, and if that happens, happen to go through several days, or even two weeks of it. But not a 14 tablet dose per week, every week. She's going to really have to convince me of that.

(For the record, I have taken it since my dilation, because those were my instructions post-procedure. I was going to be a good patient until I can talk to her about it. I don't think it's necessary or helpful, but you know, I'm not a doctor.)

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Ok, I mis-spoke, my stone was 7 and grew to 9.. so today I went through:

Shock-wave lithotripsy is a noninvasive procedure that uses high-energy sound waves to blast the stones into fragments that are then more easily passed out in the urine.

… was successful, I’m supposed to stay off my feet for the next 24 hours, drink lots of water and strain urine to retrieve stone fragments for follow up visit next week.

I’m having me a year…shoulder, kidney stones, colonoscopy scheduled at end of month.

…oh yeah, I had a cavity that required getting a filling.

You're just having all kind of fun these days, blueboss. I'd almost say we're getting ol...no, I won't go there...

Hang in there, you are having a time.

Sh!&@t House Luck

You're just having all kind of fun these days, blueboss. I'd almost say we're getting ol...no, I won't go there...

Hang in there, you are having a time.
    Good news, late last year I had a bladder scare, turned out to be benign. Today while I was laid out, and they were already in the neighborhood they took a look-see in the bladder… all good!!

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Rupp's Runt

Great to hear Blueboss!

Sh!&@t House Luck

Well, I guess I get to join the club when it comes to getting stuff stuck in your craw. Went to see my granddaughter graduate ( Sociology and Anthropology) in prep for what she has her heart set on, Real Estate Law. Best yet. She graduated DEBT FREE!
    Grammy and I go out afterwards to celebrate. I get a piece of steak stuck in my esophagus right about solar plexus level.
    This is 2:30 Saturday afternoon. A trip to the ER at 4:30, and after being given Nitroglycerin and a massive dose of something that elevated my Blood Sugar, I went through a series of Pro Day workouts and told to "chug" a diet soda.
    They are having to repaint ER16 at Jewish South in Brooks, KY.
    Transferred to Jewish in downtown Louisville where I continue to have the heaves and hiccups until being taken into surgery at 8:00 Sunday.
    I had that son of a gun jammed in there tighter than Dick's hat band.
    Discharged about 12:30 ...
    Feel like I have been hit by a dump truck, but thankful that I had arranged for Miss Peg's Mother's Day ahead of time.
    Getting old stinks, but it beats the alternative.

Oh, so sorry, Pappy. Congrats on your granddaughter's graduation, though!

We discussed all of the options you went through at my daughter's hospital (well, she doesn't own it, but works there) with the two ER doctors. They said the "book" was to try those treatments, but that they felt it was a waste of time and to reduce my suffering, they called the gastroenterologist on call to have the impact removed surgically. I know how miserable it was just for a few hours, but going from 2:30 Saturday to Sunday must have been just awful, and exhausting as well.

Graduation 2023.jpg

It wasn't an all bad day...I am the ugly one on the right.
    So sorry about the background...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Sh!&@t House Luck

Great looking picture! I wouldnt even have noticed the background with the beaming family pic there, beautiful women and a distinguished looking guy. You class up this joint!

You are too kind. The women folk, you are spot on...

Sh!&@t House Luck

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Graduation 2023.jpg

It wasn't an all bad day...I am the ugly one on the right.
    So sorry about the background...
    Great picture, with your daughter and granddaughter!

Rupp's Runt

Having a kidney stone busted up Friday. Anyone had this done? How bad is it?

Sh!&@t House Luck

Having a kidney stone busted up Friday. Anyone had this done? How bad is it?
    I had it done in March. Piece of cake, they knock you out. Passing smaller pieces should go un-noticed if it works.

Sh!&@t House Luck

Beats not having it done, I hear.

Knock on wood, haven't had that one yet.

Rupp's Runt

Sore, nauseous, and pissing straight blood. All things are perfectly normal according to the doctor. lol

I should be fine to coach our tournament tomorrow.

Rupp's Runt

Rough or hour so. Really painful, finally threw up. Feel much better now. Not sure if the pain meds kicked in, hugging the toilet, or ice that helped. Probably should not have practiced tonight. Or at least, just stood around.

Sh!&@t House Luck

Feeling all better, KentuckyWildcat? How's the team?

Sh!&@t House Luck

Rough or hour so. Really painful, finally threw up. Feel much better now. Not sure if the pain meds kicked in, hugging the toilet, or ice that helped. Probably should not have practiced tonight. Or at least, just stood around.
    Was it the anesthesia that got ya? I was groggy and was urinating blood for a couple of days, but never really experienced any severe pain. He also told me to lay on my back somewhat inverted off the edge of the bed to help move the crushed up stones…. All while pounding lots of water. Follow up X-ray showed my stone is busted up but not all of it has passed, so TBD

Rupp's Runt

Feeling all better, KentuckyWildcat? How's the team?
    Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Was it the anesthesia that got ya? I was groggy and was urinating blood for a couple of days, but never really experienced any severe pain. He also told me to lay on my back somewhat inverted off the edge of the bed to help move the crushed up stones…. All while pounding lots of water. Follow up X-ray showed my stone is busted up but not all of it has passed, so TBD
    Sorry, been on vacation.

Kindey stones are much better. The follow up x-ray did not see anything. So I assume the pain I had that night was the passing of fragments? Or just doing too much at practice? Next time, I might take my pain meds in advance, I just always try to avoid them if I can. Anesthesia? I don't think it had anything to do with that night. But I did struggle sleeping for the next 3-4 nights. Anesthesia always messes with me but that was a first. I assume it was the anesthesia.

Team is good. Last tournament got canceled so we did two scrimmages with a team from Marshall County. Turned it into a day of fellowship and grilling. Great day for all of the girls, they now have friends on another team in a different county. Slight break from playing because of vacations and the holiday. We end with two tournaments in July before we officially become a 9U team.

Stay hydrated and inside, dad ended up in the ER with heat exhaustion today. Near heat stroke.

Rupp's Runt

The advantage of my brother and I running a local park. We can have impromptu games A few pictures from that day.

Attachment 10609
    Attachment 10610
    Attachment 10611