Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Barbara Wawa

Fab Five

Barbara Wawa

Dead at 93. Saturday Night Live elevated her career. The View destroyed it.
    Real Fan since 1958

Re: Barbara Wawa

Good take. There is some “glass ceiling bursting” there as well.

Bombino

Barbara Wawa

They say never talk I'll about the dead but **** it. Good riddance.

Her to response to Corey Feldman documenting his abuse as a child: "You are damaging an entire industry." tells me all I need to know about her.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    Good take. There is some “glass ceiling bursting” there as well.
    Many of the women at NBC were willing to screw their way to the top.
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    Many of the women at NBC were willing to screw their way to the top.
    I am surprised that a lot of them could find any partners.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Barbara Wawa

She definitely was a trail blazer for women in the industry. I personally am not all that enamored by news readers, she may have been in the last generation of TV personalities that actually wrote their own scripts and questions, and were true journalists.

IMO todays news readers do exactly that, read what is written and handed to them to fit the networks agenda.

Still, Baba holds her spot in TV journalism, God bless her and her family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    I am surprised that a lot of them could find any partners.
    Evidently, Matt Lauer was willing.
    Real Fan since 1958

More desperate than willi9ng I would think.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

An icon of her era, but I'd sooner trust Gilda Radner with the facts. Like Howard Cosell she was unavoidable in that age, but I really didn't watch her given the choice.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    They say never talk I'll about the dead but **** it.
    Never have held to that. Have never understood what dying does to wash away a person's sins, or why you have to suddenly be nice to them if you wouldn't when they were alive.

If they were terrible in life why be nice about it?

I'm just the opposite. Had a family member pass about a year and a half or so ago. She was awful, a hateful, selfish witch and I refused then and still refuse to act like it was all great. It wasn't. She was a bitter mean spirited bully. The good news the family doesn't really ever bring her up with me b/c they know I'll say the truth, and they know it is the truth but just feel some need to be "polite".

You're polite to and about people who deserve it. You aren't polite to the kid who beats you up for lunch money.

Slight aside, but that has never really made sense to me and I'm generally very observant of basic southern politeness. That one never took, lol.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    They say never talk I'll about the dead but **** it. Good riddance.

Her to response to Corey Feldman documenting his abuse as a child: "You are damaging an entire industry." tells me all I need to know about her.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    I have never known what to think about the Corey Feldman story. This is an article about me from one of the people rumored to have killed him. The radio station hired this guy to do a morning show and he fired me from my Tuesday spot. Later the station asked me to come back and I did, but this guy was very different. Then he died, and, oddly, I did not do the show I had done for decades after the station decided to get out of the am morning show biz.

https://kmmsam.com/i-wanted-to-hate-bozeman-commissioner-jeff-krauss/
    Last edited by bigsky; 01-05-2023 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Never have held to that. Have never understood what dying does to wash away a person's sins, or why you have to suddenly be nice to them if you wouldn't when they were alive.

If they were terrible in life why be nice about it?

I'm just the opposite. Had a family member pass about a year and a half or so ago. She was awful, a hateful, selfish witch and I refused then and still refuse to act like it was all great. It wasn't. She was a bitter mean spirited bully. The good news the family doesn't really ever bring her up with me b/c they know I'll say the truth, and they know it is the truth but just feel some need to be "polite".

You're polite to and about people who deserve it. You aren't polite to the kid who beats you up for lunch money.

Slight aside, but that has never really made sense to me and I'm generally very observant of basic southern politeness. That one never took, lol.
    Chuck, use the old Baptist heart blessing and you can talk about folks for hours, Bless their heart.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Chuck, use the old Baptist heart blessing and you can talk about folks for hours, Bless their heart.
    Oh yes, but it's all very polite. That's OK for people who are normal like all of us, who have our foibles but our good points too. I deserve a "bless his heart" I'm sure for many things, which is all good.

But for the a-holes of the world, I'm just honest about it. It's not like everyone doesn't know it.

Jeff Dahmer had an eating disorder, Bless his heart.
    See how nice that sounds?

Rupp's Runt

It saddens me when someone passes away and then suddenly, they were the best person in the world. And magically on Facebook they were everyone's best friend. I'm too lazy to expand on that tonight. But, if you must speak, speak the truth.

***I don't remember that Feldman story. I'll have to go back and watch that.