Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Kenny Payne at Louisville

Kenny Payne at Louisville

Yes on the political board. How analogous to Tubby Smith is he?

Re: Kenny Payne at Louisville

Well he did not follow a high profile national championship coach. In a way I guess he did, but not directly after said coach won a title, that he did not have to give up, and made a fool of himself on a dining table at a local restaurant. Also Tubby did not lose 8 games in a row at his new school. I think a similarity that fits is that he has coached long enough as a head coach in the state of KY, that the U6 fans hate him.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Rupp's Runt

My best friend is a UL fan and liberal. Crazy I know... lol

I asked him why they were this bad. He said, "no guards and unmotivated players". I did not expect the later with KP.

Kenny will load up with good transfers. I am quite certain there are other things afoot at U of L. I expect a mass exodus.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

I always thought KP was a good hire for UL, and given their roster right now it's hard to say.

I never thought it was a good move for KP. Jury still out on that too, but not looking good so far.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Kenny Payne at Louisville

If he makes it through the year with his job, I’d be curious to see what he can do, with recruiting, portal, and then coaching them to pay his style of ball, and what that would look like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

I was never sold on him as a head coach. IMO his niche is second tier, like he was at UK as an instructor coach and recruiter. IMO too laid back for the top spot at a big school
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

That team has plenty of talent to have won 4-5 games. KP is showing he has no coaching ability.
    I am so thankful for the UK fans that wanted KP coaching UK that this did not happen to UK.
    Guess you guys are Bennies!!!!!

If I have to be a Bennie can I be Benny Hill? All those cute girls....
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.