Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: RIP Christine McVie

RIP Christine McVie

She wrote many of the Fleetwood Mac hits of the 70s and 80s: Over My Head, Say You Love Me, Songbird, You Make Loving Fun, Don't Stop, Think About Me, Little Lies, etc.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...ry-1234638903/
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Re: RIP Christine McVie

Saw them in Rupp when I was in high school sometime in the late 70’s. Great show.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

RIP Christine McVie

Wow, just heard that on the radio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

One talented lady...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    One talented lady...
    Tremendous voice, terrific musician and songwriter. One of my all time favorite singers and musicians.

God, please bless and keep a wonderful lady.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Tremendous voice, terrific musician and songwriter. One of my all time favorite singers and musicians.

God, please bless and keep a wonderful lady.
    Very much underappreciated on all three accounts.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

RIP Christine McVie

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Saw them in Rupp when I was in high school sometime in the late 70’s. Great show.
    Same tour I’m guessing, but in Freedom Hall, I think in 77. We had like like third row seats center.

My friend’s dad was a Dr. and was on ER duty. He told us before we left for the concert that earlier that morning several band members came in with a stomach ailment, including upset stomach and diarrhea. He said one of them was a blonde female, he treated them, gave them Rx and sent them on their way.

Watching the concert that night we all had that in mind and were joking around about it every time Christine and Stevie hit high notes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

I was sorry to hear this.

My Ex Wife won us front row seats to the reunion tour in about 1996. I have to say, I truly became a fan of the band that concert. I was not a fan of the Tusks Album and that kind of steered me wrong in the 1980's.

All of them are excellent muscians except Stevie who just has that so unique voice. Lindsey is a BEAST on the guitar. I had no idea. And Chistines voice was butter.

Very sorry to hear this. and honestly, had no idea she was 79.

Stevie is pretty good on the tambourine.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

saw Fleetwood Mac not long after she joined, 1971 at William and Mary Hall. Future Games/Bare Trees songs mostly. She was up front, "front person" with her piano.

If you think about it, there she stayed, the third longest tenured Fleetwood Mac member, all the iterations from Kiln House to the Bob Welch years and then the Buckingham Nicks successes.

Even if my most listened to songs post Peter Green aren’t written by her, she had a part in all of them.
    Last edited by bigsky; 12-02-2022 at 02:28 PM.