Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The OFFICIAL election day thread.....LOL

The OFFICIAL election day thread.....LOL

Gusty winds in FL today in advance of soon to be Hurricane Nicole.

I already voted so I'm good to go, at least once. Will try to make polls so I can vote again........

I went straight GOP which I am sure shocks nobody. Our key races in FL likely go GOP on DeSantis' coattails. IMO Gov races are not as key nationwide. Looking for Rubio to fight off Val "now for Law and Order" Demmings. I'm not as big a fan of Rubio as I once was (wanted him for Pres in 2016--of course my prelim presidential picks are not good based on my support of both Romney and McCain). Also Snyder for st rep and Mast for Congress. I did not vote for Mast in the primaries as I felt he wasn't vocal enough counter attacks on Republicans, but will in the general. He is a very visible representative, to his credit. He and Snyder had a big rally last week with Dan Bongino/Fox and Friends
    Last edited by Doc; 11-08-2022 at 06:33 AM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Rupp's Runt

Re: The OFFICIAL election day thread.....LOL

I wouldn't vote for Demmings even if she was the only choice. She's as phony as her husband his mayorship Jerry in Orlando. And I'm with you about Rubio, the shine has kind of rubbed off with him this last term.
    DeSantis vs Crist? That's a no-brainer too. I have lived here in Florida for over 30 years now, seen a lot of people go through the Governor's mansion in Tallahassee, and DeSantis has been the best Governor that Florida has had in the time. By far. IMHO, it's not even close.
    And I thank sweet Jesus every day that we didn't end up with that whack job Gillum. If he had been Governor of Florida during the whole pandemic situation, I suspect that Florida would be pretty close to being in ruins.
    MOLON LABE!

Totally agree concerning Gillium. That election was a nail biter, with DeSantis eeking it out...despite some election denying by the left, something that never do.

Crist and Demmings are birds of the same feather. Their actions and their words do sync. Crist went from Republican to independent to Democrat simply to stay in political favor. I'm actuality he is a true RINO hence the Democratic party fits him. As for Demmings, she was all in on BLM's call for police defending despite being a former police chief which is why police unions are not endorsing her
    Last edited by Doc; 11-08-2022 at 03:43 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Rupp's Runt

Per local radio the voter turnout has been high so that should be a plus.

Why is it, only states that can make a change in the National Balance are the ones that have election issues.. AZ, PA, MI, GA, etc.

I know the answer. But we should all ask and demand more.

They have called KY for Paul. No shock.

Also called FL for Rubio and DeSantis

Walker closing in on Warcock

Governor races seem to be going red but not the senate yet.

Vance now within 1% of Ryan

Walker with 5%

Vance is not nearly as likeable or personable as his opponent. He is the wrong candidate imo, but I don’t know who is the right candidate.

One thing is for sure: Florida came on strong for their Governor, and his acceptance speech knocked it out of the park.

Georgia and Arizona senate races need to go red. Both will be tough.

Vance and all that dough pulls the zohio seat red.

Tightrope in Wisconsin, AZ, and Georgia going to a runoff

Looks like Trump was not the magic guy he thought. Looks to be only Vance who survived, and Walker in a runoff. I will say his recent comment concern DeSantis really ticked a whole lot of people off.

My take on the night is the the GOP did not spend money wisely or well. Expect tons of blowback at McConnell, rightly so. Hope he is voted out

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    My take on the night is the the GOP did not spend money wisely or well. Expect tons of blowback at McConnell, rightly so. Hope he is voted out
    I don't think we will ever vote him out. But we can hope for retirement.

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

The Republicans need to move away from Trump. For President run Desantis/Kari Lake

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    The Republicans need to move away from Trump. For President run Desantis/Kari Lake
    Agree. Trump **** the bed when he went after DeSantis. He is now the Ancient Mariner's albatross

Rupp's Runt

Lake will keep the Trump mess going IMO. Give me Noem or Haley on the ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Lake will keep the Trump mess going IMO. Give me Noem or Haley on the ticket.
    Haley is a RINO Light. I do like Noem though.

Agree on Lake is is pro trump and with Arizona having issues again she will not go easy.

Rupp's Runt

Haley is a RINO Light. I do like Noem though.
    I'm okay with that if she is with DeSantis. However, I don't think she will be. I think their personalities bring good balance to DeSantis. Eitherway, I'm ready for a change.

Please. With sprinkles on top.

Trump drug the GOP down in this election in two ways. First by supporting less palatable candidates that, with the help of Democratic money, got them through the primaries and put less electable candidates on tickets.

Second, nothing encourages liberals to get out and vote more than voting against Trump.

So he's a double negative, and his negatives are so very high he can't really accomplish much even though most conservatives to in fact agree with at least a number of if not most of his policies. He's just a poor candidate and too toxic and frankly just an erratic egotist who doesn't get things done b/c he can't act like an adult.

DeSantis is the obvious choice. Strongly supports conservative policies but does so as a professional who can attract voters instead of repel them.

FWIW McConnell got raked for saying it out loud, but he nailed the Senate race situation months ago when he said the GOP was putting up weaker candidates. He saw it very clearly that these more solidly TRump candidates were going to not have general appeal to independents and moderates and that's exactly what has happened.

We have to rally around Desantis at this point as conservatives or no one will bother to listen to what is being said. I don;t really care who is on the undercard, it's always about who is on the top of the ticket.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

And fwiw the next person on my list of favorites is Senator Tim Scott. Don't know if he would go as VP, but he's very smart, very capable and is great at reaching out the right way to people.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    And fwiw the next person on my list of favorites is Senator Tim Scott. Don't know if he would go as VP, but he's very smart, very capable and is great at reaching out the right way to people.
    Love him; if Lake is too tough, go with Mr. Scott

Arizona officials say it will be 48-72 hours for them to change….I mean count the remaining 450,000 votes. I love this; the person in charge of ballot machine accuracy/integrity in Arizona happens to be the one running against Kari Lake for Governor.

Oh but just look the other way and accept the final results nothing to see here.

Haley no way. Noem is good but SD is not enough Electoral votes. She does not help the ticket.

Lake, if she can deliver AZ, is Electoral Gold. But not sure 2 years in office allows her to truly deliver the Electoral Votes of AZ.

I think PA is a solid Blue State so not really in play. Same with MI. I hate it, but VA is a blue state that found a Red Gov on top of the issues. Once in 30 year result.

FL is now a solid Red state with all the new imports from other states. Texas is not purple. It is Red.

So, the candidates have to get AZ, OH, and GA. DeSantis delivers OH and GA I think...that leaves AZ....

Senate looking good now

GOP at 49

-Alaska will be GOP as its Murcowski (although a semi republican, RINO on Roids) or Chewbacca (Tshibaka) which puts us at 50

-Arizona going to end up democrat

-Nevada hopefully goes Laxalt (up over 2% pts). Would give Republicans 51

-GA to a run off but would not decide senate control

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Please. With sprinkles on top.

Trump drug the GOP down in this election in two ways. First by supporting less palatable candidates that, with the help of Democratic money, got them through the primaries and put less electable candidates on tickets.

Second, nothing encourages liberals to get out and vote more than voting against Trump.

So he's a double negative, and his negatives are so very high he can't really accomplish much even though most conservatives to in fact agree with at least a number of if not most of his policies. He's just a poor candidate and too toxic and frankly just an erratic egotist who doesn't get things done b/c he can't act like an adult.

DeSantis is the obvious choice. Strongly supports conservative policies but does so as a professional who can attract voters instead of repel them.

FWIW McConnell got raked for saying it out loud, but he nailed the Senate race situation months ago when he said the GOP was putting up weaker candidates. He saw it very clearly that these more solidly TRump candidates were going to not have general appeal to independents and moderates and that's exactly what has happened.

We have to rally around Desantis at this point as conservatives or no one will bother to listen to what is being said. I don;t really care who is on the undercard, it's always about who is on the top of the ticket.
    I read the as "PLEASE" ...like sarcastically.

Trump could easily F-up the 2024.

Rupp's Runt

I think it will be a Male/Female ticket.

Senate looking good now

GOP at 49

-Alaska will be GOP as its Murcowski (although a semi republican, RINO on Roids) or Chewbacca (Tshibaka) which puts us at 50

-Arizona going to end up democrat

-Nevada hopefully goes Laxalt (up over 2% pts). Would give Republicans 51

-GA to a run off but would not decide senate control
    I believe Georgia (leading) and Zona ( leading) would give Dems control of the senate Doc. They have 48 seats now and lead those two races.
    I think anyway.
    Last edited by kingcat; 11-09-2022 at 02:21 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain