Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Posters on the Florida East Coast`

Posters on the Florida East Coast`

Ya'll need any more water?

Forecast for the coming week is for heavy rain and coastal flooding. Keep the sandbags handy
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 11-06-2022 at 06:16 PM.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Rupp's Runt

Re: Posters on the Florida East Coast`

We just cleared the last of the standing water from Ian in the last week or so. So far, it looks like this storm will not be too bad. At least by Florida hurricane events anyway.
    MOLON LABE!

Anticipated max wind speeds of 50 to 60 mph along with 3-6 inches of rain, and some expected beach erosion.

Just a normal summer shower
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 11-07-2022 at 12:55 PM.
    seeya
    dan

Unless things change a lot, Nicole will hit land as a weak hurricane, winds at about 75mph, with lots of rain and surf. Expected landfall mid to late tomorrow.

KY, is sending linemen, equipment, and supplies to restore power ASAP. KY Governor said they would stay until early December.
    seeya
    dan

It's projected landfall is pretty much over my house. Not too worried though. Doubt we even put up the shutters. Is windy now but no rain
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

seems like the issue for this one will be storm surge. I am far enough away from the water than I should not be affected.

Biggest issue for me is I have tickets for Joe Satriani tomorrow night in Orlando. I expect it will be postponed.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Looks to be a large storm as far as area, they’re calling bulls eye Port St Lucie. I’ve got friends in Hobe Sound that aren’t too worried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Rupp's Runt

Port St. Lucie is closer to Doc than me. I heard Ft. Pierce mentioned last night as a possible point of impact, but may be wrong about that.

I am not overly worried. Yes, it will be a storm that passes through, went ahead and did all of the last minute stuff just to err on the side of caution.
    MOLON LABE!

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    Port St. Lucie is closer to Doc than me. I heard Ft. Pierce mentioned last night as a possible point of impact, but may be wrong about that.

I am not overly worried. Yes, it will be a storm that passes through, went ahead and did all of the last minute stuff just to err on the side of caution.

I'm 10 miles south of PSL. Just windy right now. We are not worried. No storm shutters for this one. Brought in patio furniture, thats it. Plan on working normal hrs today unless it gets real windy later today. Tomorrow? Wait and see.

Wildfires in Estill County are making it smoky in Lexington. Nicole is supposed to bring the rain on Friday though.

Shrimpers in Stuart looks to be closed for a few days

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

No patio dinning either…

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post

Shrimpers in Stuart looks to be closed for a few days

Shrimpers and Twisted Tuna are both about 1/2 mile from us. Tuna was also flooded (believe that is the second photo) but both are literally 3 feet above sea level, on the water (Manatee pocket). This is nowhere near as shocking as it looks. Most everything open (Dunkin Donuts, Cafes, gas stations, etc....) and was a nice drive to work this morning. We never lost power. Our prep was patio furniture inside and took down our sail over the patio. A quick survey this AM showed some tree branches down and a rip in my grill cover.
    Last edited by Doc; 11-10-2022 at 07:04 AM.

Twisted Tuna, Port Salerno.

The owners posted they’d be open tomorrow…

My friends in the area had minor damage, soggy yard and a few tree limbs/ palm fronds.

I saw on the news on up the east coast had bigger problems… Daytona had major beach erosion, where some beachside homes got taken. St Augustine had flooding in the historic district on the bay side.

Last edited by blueboss; 11-11-2022 at 10:32 AM.