Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: USA runniing out of diesel fuel?

USA runniing out of diesel fuel?

Speculation is there will be none left by Thanksgiving.

Linkage

Linkage
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: USA runniing out of diesel fuel?

Ten bucks a gallon by The holidays. Let’s go Brandon. Hugely inflationary and supply chain disturbing. Trucks and trains carry just about everything.

Brandon and his junior Duplicate, the California governor cannot call for the end of fossil fuels by 2030 and also expect investment in refining and distributing, even to maintain 2020 levels.

Without substantial repudiation of him, his policies, and his party, we can expect the decline and fall of our economy, just as has been planned for the last 15 years.

Like I said, it's intentional. No one can be dumb enough to think that attacking oil and fossil fuels right now the way it is being done is going to somehow magically make solar and wind take off and somehow supply levels of electricity required to run the country. The math doesn't come close to working.

So why shut down oil when we have no alternative in place? B/c they think the worse this gets, the better for a certain political party and political interests. First, crisis means more calls for more government control and action. Second, if fossil fuel prices are so astronomically high, it makes "green" options price competitive when they are not otherwise.

No oil company is going to drop half a billion dollars into a refinery if its going to be shuttered by the government in 10 years. They will go build it in India or china where it is welcome.

This country is in real trouble with the Leftist agenda marching forward, esp. their climate agenda. It won't stop or even slow global warming b/c the rest of the world isn't stopping, but it will make us a 2nd or 3rd rate country with the kind of constant brown outs and shortages we currently laugh at in the 3rd world.

We already see it in things as simple as baby formula. Covid showed us just how fragile our supply and distribution system can be. Now imagine the pressure of not having enough oil and gas to operate it.

Our entire economy depends on oil/gas and natural gas to operate. It's that simple. We've fought wars in defense of it. Shutting that flow off with nothing to take its place is economic suicide, and I have no doubt those in power know it and are OK with it as it suits their other goals. Either that or we have some shockingly foolish people in charge, which I don't completely dismiss.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

When was the last refinery built?
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 11-02-2022 at 07:11 AM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    When was the last refinery built?
    Linkage

Getting permits for NEW facilities are hard to get, but that does not impact improvements and expansions, so the facilities built back in the 70s have been expanded and refitted many times over to try and match demand.
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 11-02-2022 at 07:33 AM.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I drove under the Port Arthur refinery on my way to a state park that was the most mosquito infested place I have ever experienced.

In the teens we did not have this absolute prohibition on fossil fuels that the Cali Gov and Joe Brandon have called for, even mandated in Cali. So there was business as usual, even natural gas generation continued to be built.