Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

If only they would do the same for ammunition

http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn...agencies-areas

A growing number of firearm and firearm-related companies have stated they will no longer sell items to states, counties, cities and municipalities that restrict their citizens' rights to own them.

According to The Police Loophole, 34 companies have joined in publicly stating that governments who seek to restrict 2nd Amendment rights will themselves be restricted from purchasing the items they seek to limit or ban.

Extreme Firepower Inc., located in Inwood, WV has had a longstanding policy that states:

"The Federal Government and several states have enacted gun control laws that restrict the public from owning and possessing certain types of firearms...If a product that we manufacture is not legal for a private citizen to own in a jurisdiction, we will not sell that product to a law-enforcement agency in that jurisdiction."

York Arms, located in Buxton, ME released a statement following new legislation in New York:

"Based on the recent legislation in New York, we are prohibited from selling rifles and receivers to residents of New York. We have chosen to extend that prohibition to all governmental agencies associated with or located within New York."

Quality Arms, located in Rigby, ID writes on their website, "elected officials have their own agenda to circumnavigate the truth and destroy the constitution of the United States."

The site states: "Quality Arms Idaho will not supply and firearm or product, manufactured by us, or any other company nor will we warranty, repair, alter, or modify and firearm owned by any State, County or Municipality who infringes on the right of its citizens to bear arms under the 2nd Amendment."

Bravo Company USA states:

"The people at Bravo Company USA and BCM support responsible private individuals having access to the same tools of civilian Law Enforcement to affect the same ends...As such Bravo Company's policy is that law enforcement officials and departments will be restricted to the same type of products available to responsible private individuals of that same city or state."
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Re: If only they would do the same for ammunition

I agree, John. Ammo companies could shut the government down if they followed suit and refused to sell to the government.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    I agree, John. Ammo companies could shut the government down if they followed suit and refused to sell to the government.
    Not just that. Bullets are drying up and the prices are starting to get ridiculous.

Would be nice, b/c then my order might get processed. If the zombies or meteors hit right now a lot of people would be throwing guns at things rather than shooting them.

If i had the money I might open an ammo factory. It was already pricey as heck. Would love the challenge of designing one that is nearly 100% automated. either that or put it in China with 10,000 10 year olds using a single state press. lol.

So far the move by the anti-gun groups has created more backlash than progress. Hope the makers continue standing up to the states. Why there is a single one left in Connecticut or New York or Illinois is beyond me.

Unforgettable

This is a powerful tool if all will join this, especially if the majors are part of it like gloch and SW. Tell police they can't ave those and see what happens. The ammo boys need to jump in with both feet.

The best deals are the bulk, of course. Otherwise you're looking at around a buck per round.

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    The best deals are the bulk, of course. Otherwise you're looking at around a buck per round.
    Depends on the ammo. Most pistol and revolver ammo is much cheaper than a $1 pre round, .30 cal and smaller center rifle ammo is running +/- $1 a round. Rounds the government doesn't typically use are easier to find than ammo you have to compete with the government to buy. 9mm, .40 S&W, .308 Win, & 5.56 seems to be in short supply.

Yep, 38 special and 9mm here.

Quote Originally Posted by jazyd View Post
    This is a powerful tool if all will join this, especially if the majors are part of it like gloch and SW. Tell police they can't ave those and see what happens. The ammo boys need to jump in with both feet.
    If Glock and S&W level makers would do it oh boy what fun that would create. They'd have to all stand together but if 3-4 of them would do it the market would enforce it on the rest. When S&W crossed the picket line and cut the deal with Clinton their sales took a beating and a half. If Glock/S&W/Ruger came out with that policy anyone else who crossed it would take a big hit in the civilian sales market. If we focus on just states doing this stuff like New York that loss would more than make up for lost sales to NY LEOs and really enforce the ban.

It would be like Ford not taking bailout money. When we were car shopping the sales guys at Paul Miller I asked about it and they said 90% of people who were coming in mentioned it. What kind of loyalty would Glock get to take that step?

Yep, 38 special and 9mm here.
    9mm is as scarce as hen's teeth. I managed to pick up some that got my personal supply up from "bare" to "still too low". My big order may never come in, no way to know. I deal with Wolf and they don't do government contracts but it doesn't matter b/c as government sucks up the bigger names it still creates scarcity that Wolf then tries to fill. Hard to get ahead of Walmart and Cabella's in the pecking order.

I really would love to have the capital backing to launch a small ammo factory. Set up to make one caliber, Henry Ford style focus. Would love to at least have the time to study the way its done in that volume, I'd just like the process design and operational challenges. that's what I studied in school and loved it. Would be cool to make actual things for a living. Nothing fancy, just good reliable ammo. Either all HP or all FMJ at least at first. No marketing, just pitch it to a few of the big online stores and let word of mouth carry it.

Anyone got $10 mil or so to invest?

I guess I have a bit of a hard time with local law enforcement not getting what they need. They're on our side based on every conversation I've ever had with one. It's the Feds who are being ridiculously greedy and whom I trust the least. Still hard to imagine there are that many who would shoot their own citizenry. They must be anticipating some really bad stuff coming down the pike.

I guess I have a bit of a hard time with local law enforcement not getting what they need. They're on our side based on every conversation I've ever had with one. It's the Feds who are being ridiculously greedy and whom I trust the least. Still hard to imagine there are that many who would shoot their own citizenry. They must be anticipating some really bad stuff coming down the pike.
    That's because you live in a state not push draconian laws that will have no impact, but will impact the average citizen. States that have passed these bans have a lot of local law enforcement officials pushing the laws.

Montana exempts firearms made and sold instate from any federal requirements. In state commerce isn't in a jurisdiction of the federal govt.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    Montana exempts firearms made and sold instate from any federal requirements. In state commerce isn't in a jurisdiction of the federal govt.
    The attempts to regulate firearms doesn't fall under the federal umbrella either, but it has been allowed under the guise of interstate commerce.