Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: he False Promise of Green Energy (Prof. Andrew Morriss - Acton Institute)

he False Promise of Green Energy (Prof. Andrew Morriss - Acton Institute)

42 minute presentation

The presentation may or may not change your mind on the Green Revolution
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: he False Promise of Green Energy (Prof. Andrew Morriss - Acton Institute)

Environmentalists have long promoted renewable energy sources like solar panels and wind farms to save the climate. But what about when those technologies destroy the environment? In this provocative talk, Time Magazine “Hero of the Environment” and energy expert, Michael Shellenberger explains why solar and wind farms require so much land for mining and energy production, and an alternative path to saving both the climate and the natural environment. Michael Shellenberger is a Time Magazine Hero of the Environment and President of Environmental Progress, a research and policy organization. A lifelong environmentalist, Michael changed his mind about nuclear energy and has helped save enough nuclear reactors to prevent an increase in carbon emissions equivalent to adding more than 10 million cars to the road. He lives in Berkeley, California. This talk was given at a TEDx event using the TED conference format but independently organized by a local community.

Linkage
    seeya
    dan

Manhattan Institute...The Green New Deal's Bad Science

Mark Mills and James Meigs join John Stossel to discuss the Green New Deal, the limits of wind and solar power, and the “magical thinking” of an all-renewable energy future.

Linkage
    seeya
    dan

I think Solar energy could be the panacea of energy. IF we had technolgy where every house in the world had a solar roof that produced 100% of the energy needs of the household and even extra to fuel our businesses, it would be great. But, those panels are not that efficient. Even worse, they current panels and how they are made is TERRIBLE for our environemnt and they wear out fairly quickly (just like our current car batteries for electric cars).

to me, the largest supply of something to fuel us with is Salt water and our energy should be focused on makeing Fuel Cells more efficient. Right now they are only 70-80% efficient while Steam driven energy from Fossil Fuels is about 85% efficient.

Why Has Global Warming Paused? - William Happer

The Global Warming Models are off by at least a factor of 10

He spends a lot of time off in the weeds of complicated mathematics and statistical graphing and I stayed lost in those weeds, but I could follow his discussion of the statistics and how they impact the CO2s effect on temperature at different levels of the atmosphere and whether or not those numbers are significant.
    seeya
    dan

Will Electric Cars Save The Planet? Or Is It Just Propaganda?

In this video, Patrick Bet-David does a deep dive into electric vehicles and breaks down the myths surrounding them.

Linkage
    seeya
    dan

Was just having this talk with someone this past week.

The only real path to reducing climate impact of the species is nuclear power. Period. We have no other tech at our disposal that can be a net improvement over our current situation. Solar and wind are still very inefficient compared to their production cost and the environmental impact of their production, esp. when you factor in the need for battery storage of the power.

The environmentalists of the 1970s did a great job making nuclear power an evil thing, and ironically did more to damage the climate in the long run than any oil company ever did.

We need to move there again, with upgraded construction and a system of quality checks that would make NASA squirm, but it can be done.

The only other options available to us are to a) continue using more and more fossil fuels, or b) start using military force to push people back to an earlier and more primitive way of living that requires a lot less energy. Solar and wind and water simply cannot meet the current demand, much less the growth in demand with an increasing population.

Of course that comes with a steep price not just in risk of an accident but with nuclear proliferation if we want other nations to stop polluting with fossil fuels.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.