Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Biggest election issues in Montana?

Biggest election issues in Montana?

1 Abortion, hands down a huge majority of women will turn out and vote D.

2 Donald Trump and Joe Biden. How a voter thinks about these two will determine many votes down ticket.

3 Quality of the candidates versus party loyalty.

. Best and most qualified candidate in either congressional district is an Independent. He will pull mostly D and likely swing the election to R in the eastern district.

Democrats have a strong western candidate who will get every D. Will Ryan Zinke, former Sec of Interior under Trump get every R? Doubt it. He quit mid term last time we elected him and quit Interior over ethical questions.

A month away from determining if this country rises or falls.

Re: Biggest election issues in Montana?

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post

2 Donald Trump and Joe Biden. How a voter thinks about these two will determine many votes down ticket.

. Best and most qualified candidate in either congressional district is an Independent. He will pull mostly D and likely swing the election to R in the eastern district.

Democrats have a strong western candidate who will get every D. Will Ryan Zinke, former Sec of Interior under Trump get every R? Doubt it. He quit mid term last time we elected him and quit Interior over ethical questions.

Yes, but as an optimist, I will say how quickly it will rise
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post

If Montana truly has fallen so far that Abortion is the number 1 issue with all the issues facing this country today, it truly is a changed state.

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    If Montana truly has fallen so far that Abortion is the number 1 issue with all the issues facing this country today, it truly is a changed state.
    The reason abortion is not resonating like expected by some is two fold.

1. We have a lot of serious problems facing the country. It's a crowded party, and in those situations economics almost always is the top issue. People care most about what impacts them on a direct, daily basis, and that's usually economic issues like gas prices.

2. The decision returned the issue to the states rather than rule on allowing or not allowing abortion, so by and large for many voters their state will line up with them on this issue and thus not have as much impact. California for example would be basically unaffected by the ruling. In states that became more strict like KEntucky there will be voters who are very motivated by it, but probably not a majority as the state legislature will be a reflection of a lot of those voters.

Obviously not everyone in a given state will agree, but it will be less impacted by this decision due to the fact that they returned the decision to the state rather than dragging everyone to one side or the other at a federal level.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 10-11-2022 at 05:30 PM.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Also a little surprised it would be a huge majority of women. While this is often framed as a male versus female issue, it is not.

Nationally women are split about the same ratio as men, 60/40 for abortion in most cases versus against it in most cases (Pew Research).

It's unlikely that all women are motivated by abortion as their #1 issue, as again economics tends to dominate among both genders, but even if it were the case in Wyoming it would still expect to be a 60/40 situation. As with any single issue you have a core of people for whom they are going to put it #1 regardless, but that is true of both sides, so again a 60/40 split.

Either way, in Wyoming and Montana isn't that like 200 or so women total? Can't be that much of a swing vote.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Passion causes turnout and wins elections and Ds are passionate about the issue. We all know objectively there are bigger issues facing this country, even if a cynic like me thinks neither part cares about anything other than getting elected. Passion drives turnout.

I'd think the ancient doddering president and his party are finished. But nope. New life from the Supreme court ruling has made for large donations and big party event turnouts for the Ds.

Passion. We don't vote like we are Joe Friday.

I think the economy has not only driven passion, but hatred of those who have put us in this position. I live here in Florida and am surrounded by a lot of NE transplants who are financially well off, but absolutely loathe what has went on to get us to this point in time.