Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: NASA still can't get the candle lit.

NASA still can't get the candle lit.

Should have made it all electric. May not be able to charge the batteries due to hurricanes, brown outs or, extension cord being too short, but fuel leaks should never cause a problem.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: NASA still can't get the candle lit.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Should have made it all electric. May not be able to charge the batteries due to hurricanes, brown outs or, extension cord being too short, but fuel leaks should never cause a problem.
    Especially after Challenger
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

One of the engineers, working on flight communications and tracking Alora Mazarakus, (radio frequency engineer) is from Shelbyville Ky. Here’s where it goes downhill, she graduated from UL and got her electrical engineering degree from UL’s Speed School.

When I saw the bio on the news I pictured a really long string with a tin can on each end stretching from NASA to the moon.

…but, I digress, I’m sure she worked very hard to achieve her goals and the Commonwealth should be very proud to have one of their own working hard on the advancements in space travel/colonization.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blueboss; 09-04-2022 at 08:04 AM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    One of the engineers, working on flight communications and tracking Alora Mazarakus, (radio frequency engineer) is from Shelbyville Ky. Here’s where it goes downhill, she graduated from UL and got her electrical engineering degree from UL’s Speed School.

When I saw the bio on the news I pictured a really long string with a tin can on each end stretching from NASA to the moon.

…but, I digress, I’m sure she worked very hard to achieve her goals and the Commonwealth should be very proud to have one of their own working hard on the advancements in space travel/colonization.

Is part of their plan to send UL grads to the moon, and presumably leave them there? That would be worth some tax dollars...
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Is part of their plan to send UL grads to the moon, and presumably leave them there? That would be worth some tax dollars...
    If it is the plan to send grads from UL, I was unaware NASA was interested in starting a penal colony… Hmmm win/win.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Fab Five

ET has patiently been waiting in the NASA VIP Suite awaiting launch.
    Real Fan since 1958

Maybe it's the real aliens messing with us. You know they are laughing their butts off at our feeble technology while they sit masked from our instruments watching us fumble about.

Our only hope is that they are like ET and not like Independence Day. Put another way I hope we're in Federation space and not the Klingon or Breen Empires. I'm not optimistic.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Fab Five

ET as in EtownAppel
    Real Fan since 1958

Seems like the For Profit companies having zero issues launching...maybe just contract it out. NASA is government...meaning inefficient.

Rupp's Runt

received a text today from NASA, says the launch is scheduled now for Friday, September 23, 2022 at approximately 6:47 AM, weather permitting.

And other stuff too. Like fueling seals working as they're supposed to...........
    Last edited by suncat05; 09-09-2022 at 06:56 PM. Reason: added thoughts
    MOLON LABE!

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    received a text today from NASA, says the launch is scheduled now for Friday, September 23, 2022 at approximately 6:47 AM, weather permitting.

And other stuff too. Like fueling seals working as they're supposed to...........
    Thanks for the update. Not that I am going to attend the launch as I gave up trying to see one live when I made the trip from BG to the Cape to see the final shuttle launch.

They could not get that candle lit on time either.
    seeya
    dan

I saw the last night launch of the shuttle before the Challenger accident from about 3 miles away. One of my brothers was chief sonar officer on the Francis Scott Key and took me on a tour of the sub then we saw the launch that night. Really cool. I don’t know how those guys go out for months at a time on those subs though. I was claustrophobic after 5 minutes.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Rupp's Runt

I watched one of the SpaceX Starlink launches last night during the game. The Boss and I watched from the end of our driveway. The rocket launches at night are spectacular. Last night was especially so as we could see the rocket going through the cloud cover.
    MOLON LABE!

NASA says they will strike the match on 9-27. Time for lift off, with a 70 minute window starts at 11:37 EDT. They published that October 2nd at 3:52 p:m EDT as a back launch date.
    seeya
    dan

Fuel pressurization tests today did not go well. Engineers detected that the seals they had replaced were leaking like the ones they had replaced.
    seeya
    dan

Get some flex-seal and get this thing going...

Hapless

Rupp's Runt

And now the launch date has been moved yet again, this time because of the impending hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico.
    MOLON LABE!

Ahead of Ian's landfall in Southwest Florida, NASA's Artemis-1 rocket, the Space Launch System, was forced to roll back into the hangar at Kennedy Space Center. Even with landfall on the Gulf Coast, Central Florida's Space Coast saw major flooding, hurricane-force winds and rain.

The launch delay by Hurricane Ian means NASA is now targeting November to launch the moon rocket for the first time. In the meantime, ULA, SpaceX and NASA have plans for unrelated back-to-back launches this week that will keep the Space Coast busy for three days.

linkage
    seeya
    dan

NASA is going to try and light a Falcon 9 SpaceX rocket at 7:05 pm tonight to carry 2 satellites into orbit.

Linkage for Youtube computer feed
    seeya
    dan

new projected launch date and launch time

November 14th @ 12:07 AM EST
    seeya
    dan

What year?

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    What year?

seeya
    dan

Metaphorical in the extreme.