Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: California

California

It seems the state of California is being lead by a full on Biden crony.
    One day they release a stated about stopping the sale of gas powered cars by 2035 and the next release a stated about limiting charging these EV’s due to a power shortage.
    Maybe Mexico could bail them out very soon.
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

Re: California

As long as what happens in CA stays in CA, I am fine. It's #### like this that supports federalism as opposed to the coastal liberal majority establishing national policy.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    As long as what happens in CA stays in CA, I am fine.
    Pretty sure the goal is for it to spread beyond CA.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Yep.

Heck, people pack up and leave b/c of the cost of living (in part due to massive regulations, zoning restrictions and a host of other factors some of which are non-governmental), the crime, the homeless filth, etc., and then keep voting for the same policies that are in part causing them to leave California.

Yes it's cheaper in Texas. You know why? They aren't regulated to death and have very lax zoning laws for development. Their cities are spread out like crazy, but it keeps land and development costs down.

So they go to Texas, and then vote like they did in San Francisco, and wonder why it's not working.

I see Leftism as a plague of hopeful naivety. Naive b/c it ignores incentive based behavior. It rewards all the things you don't want in a society, and taxes (disincentivizes) all the things you do want, and they wonder why it ends up a mess. But they never examine the fundamental issue at hand, and continue to believe if they just add more government and more subsidies and more regulations that it will fix it.

Homelessness is so vastly worse than it was decades ago when we didn't have all those services for the homeless. Drugs are far far infinitely worse since the war on drugs started and we began the war on poverty. Homes are more fractured. Upward mobility is worse since we started trying to engineer "social justice" outcomes. Education is worse the more we have given that power to the government at the state and local level and the unions.

Look at the social failings in places like san Francisco and Portland. the only reason anyone puts up with parts of california is b/c of the weather, and a lot of people are trading that for the winters of Bozeman and the heat of Texas b/c it just isn't worth it.

If we took a market based approach to these problems we could fix them, but it takes looking at something like homelessness and not seeing it as a need to "help" them but as a need to fix the problem and get people being productive members of our society or, if mentally ill, getting them proper treatment.

If we worked WITH incentives instead of ignoring them, we could significantly reduce all of these problems. I am convinced that day will never happen b/c it takes stepping back a bit and examining them in a different light. Right now that approach gets you labeled as uncaring or unsympathetic (despite the fact that it would actually do something to help people versus what we do now), or most bizarrely these days you are labeled a fascist.

That's how stupid this country has become. Free market based economics is now fascism, and endless government power grabbing and control over our lives is "democracy". Takes a special kind of suspension of reality to buy into that one.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 09-02-2022 at 09:53 AM.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Exactly. It'd why they are obsessed with abortion aka women's reproductive rights. They want liberal coastal policies nationwide
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.