Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Hey Darrell, a story about Barney's Sweetheart

Hey Darrell, a story about Barney's Sweetheart

Thelma Lou

Before her death in 2021, the actress wrote a memoir, out now, titled 'Becoming Thelma Lou - My Journey to Hollywood, Mayberry, and Beyond'

The book, titled "Becoming Thelma Lou – My Journey to Hollywood, Mayberry, and Beyond," was co-authored by pals Jim Clark and Tim McAbee.

McAbee told Fox News Digital that one of Lynn’s proudest achievements from her decades-long career was that of a performer as part of the USO Camp Shows. She started in 1944 and took her talents overseas, performing in the USO for service members during World War II. She was "thought to be the only American woman to have traveled the dangerous Burma Road during the war," according to a statement from The Andy Griffith Museum in Mount Airy, North Carolina.

"I was in awe of hearing her stories," said McAbee. "This was a young lady straight out of high school who put herself in very difficult situations. She chose to travel and perform for soldiers and visit them in hospitals. All she wanted to do was try and cheer them up. It didn’t matter if she found herself in harsh terrains or if temperatures were over 100 degrees. She was a very proud [patriot] and wanted to serve in any way she could. And she was just as proud of that as anything else she did in Hollywood, if not more."
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Hey Darrell, a story about Barney's Sweetheart

Aww, I'll have to read that and pick up the book.

I was just looking at my church bulletin she signed for me October 8, 2000. Hard to believe it has been that long since I got a hug from Barney's girl.

Thanks, Dan.