Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: You guys heard of this Pistol or Brand? $199 seems way low...

You guys heard of this Pistol or Brand? $199 seems way low...

https://palmettostatearmory.com/eaa-...term=afternoon

EAA CORP GIRSAN MC28SA 9MM PISTOL, BLK - 390100

Re: You guys heard of this Pistol or Brand? $199 seems way low...

Quick Google search returned good customer ratings. Looks like the company is a Euro builder and a USA marketer.

Builder is in Turkey and the gun design is the discontinued Browning HI Power unit.
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 08-30-2022 at 10:55 AM.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I think this is important

It is the customer’s responsibility for understanding state laws regarding magazine capacities. Palmetto State Armory abides by all state regulations regarding the sale of high capacity magazines. We DO NOT ship high-capacity magazines with firearms to certain states. We WILL NOT replace high capacity magazines with state compliant magazines. We DO NOT offer refunds in place of the magazines. Please see our terms and conditions for a list or restricted states.

Magazines will be removed from firearms when shipping to states with magazine capacity restrictions.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

You guys heard of this Pistol or Brand? $199 seems way low...

Reminds me a little bit of the SCCY 9mm. Not necessarily in the looks, but the low cost.

I almost picked one up (the 2nd model, not the first with all the problems), but I did not like the trigger when I tried it in the shop. Loved the size, though, for 10+1. Very concealable.

Rupp's Runt

I've not seen one in person, but I've heard that they're decent pistols. And as long as you maintain it properly, it should be okay. Just depends what your expectations are and what you'll be using it for.
    MOLON LABE!

My wife wants one. Something easy, reliable and disposable..and does not float. She hasn't told me why.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    My wife wants one. Something easy, reliable and disposable..and does not float. She hasn't told me why.

Ok, going to look for a cheap .22LR pistol. Wife wants one to "practice with" then will get her a compact 9mm for concealed carry in her purse.

Any suggestions?

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    I think this is important

It is the customer’s responsibility for understanding state laws regarding magazine capacities. Palmetto State Armory abides by all state regulations regarding the sale of high capacity magazines. We DO NOT ship high-capacity magazines with firearms to certain states. We WILL NOT replace high capacity magazines with state compliant magazines. We DO NOT offer refunds in place of the magazines. Please see our terms and conditions for a list or restricted states.

Magazines will be removed from firearms when shipping to states with magazine capacity restrictions.
    That said, you can buy quality magazines all day long if you look hard enough. And yes, they're not as economically priced as they used to be, but then what is anymore?
    MOLON LABE!

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    Ok, going to look for a cheap .22LR pistol. Wife wants one to "practice with" then will get her a compact 9mm for concealed carry in her purse.

Any suggestions?
    As far as a 9mm, I highly recommend the Ruger EC9s. 7 + 1 gives you 8, very small and light, ACCURATE, and reasonably priced at around $250. I bought mine when they were less than $200 a few years back, started carrying it as my off-duty gun, replacing my S&W Model 37 .38 special before I retired from the Sheriff's Office. This model Ruger is excellent. I bought mine from Sportsman's Guide.

The only thing I have done to change the gun was paint the front sight a very bright orange color to help my old eyes. The trigger is very nice & smooth for a stock gun, and gets better after you shoot it some. It's very small, lightweight, will fit in a purse or your pocket with little discomfort, and again, it is ACCURATE. Whatever you choose to buy as self-defense rounds for her and yourself, it will feed them with no issues.
    MOLON LABE!

I'd rely on experts like Suncat and CitizenBBN (gun dealer/gun class teacher in one of his many other lives), but my $0.02.

Get the 9mm you/your wife wants. Spend the $250 or whatever you'd spend on a cheap .22 pistol and buy 500 rounds of 9mm FMJ and 50 defense rounds and run them through the weapon to get used to the recoil, the follow-up shot placement, the grip of that weapon, the sights, etc.

I'd recommend going to a local indoor gun range that rents guns. The one that is less than a mile from my office rents them for $5, maybe $10? Like they say, you won't know if you love the weapon in 10 shots, but you for sure will know if you hate it.

Having said that...if you were dead set on getting a .22 to "practice," I'd go with something like a Ruger Mark Standard. It's more expensive than some, probably double what you'd want to spend, but they look beautiful, shoot like a dream, last forever. And yes, you can learn things with it like how to use iron sights, grip placement, and other things, and PLENTY of people recommend doing exactly that. And in complete and full disclosure, I'm being hypocritical when I suggest not to buy a .22 to practice before anything else. I have a Ruger from when I was 18 and that's what I learned to shoot. I'm not a "gun person," but I do have the .22 Ruger, two Model 640 Smith & Wesson .38 revolvers, a Smith & Wesson 39-2 9mm, and two Glocks (model 36/.45 caliber and your standard G19 9mm). The Ruger is fun to plink with and cheap to run rounds through.

I think a Smith & Wesson M&P .22 compact would be a good other choice, but I don't own it, so I wouldn't know for sure.