Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Liz falls off a metaphorical cliff in the Big Horn Mountains

Liz Cheney is not a Trump barometer.

Being in the state next door I’d offer this; Liz was a traitor to the voters of her state. She forgot she was a representative of the people of Wyoming. And many people wondered if she lived in Wyoming, or Virginia. (Answer, Virginia)

She gave aid and comfort to our political enemies, in particular Nancy Pelosi. She bad mouthed or allowed Wyoming citizens to be bad mouthed by her allies in northern Virginia and DC.

She was not endorsed by traditional Republican forces in Wyoming, Al Simpson notwithstanding (dude you have lost
    Ranching and coal and oil with your dislike of Trump). This was not a revolt of the sheep loving toothless Trump lovers as is portrayed in the far left national media; nobody actively republican wanted Liz.

Her opponent had a long history of fighting the east coast elite dominated federal govt for the people of Wyoming.

That is the current western mood. We have compromised ourselves into a witless unamerican oppressive federal government and it’s time to vote for much less government.
    Last edited by bigsky; 08-17-2022 at 09:33 AM.

Rupp's Runt

Re: Liz falls off a metaphorical cliff in the Big Horn Mountains

+100
    I am but one of many that does not like the direction our country is moving in right now.
    MOLON LABE!

I have always considered her a Rockefeller Republican, or Democrat light. Her father and Bush 2 and that whole group within the Republican Party is very much in that Rockefeller Republican mold.

I'm not really a fan of Trump and Trumpism, he is more populist than he is libertarian, but it is still closer to the libertarian side of the GOP than is Cheney and that group.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I much prefer these type of topics where I can agree with you 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    Liz Cheney is not a Trump barometer.

Being in the state next door I’d offer this; Liz was a traitor to the voters of her state. She forgot she was a representative of the people of Wyoming. And many people wondered if she lived in Wyoming, or Virginia. (Answer, Virginia)

She gave aid and comfort to our political enemies, in particular Nancy Pelosi. She bad mouthed or allowed Wyoming citizens to be bad mouthed by her allies in northern Virginia and DC.

She was not endorsed by traditional Republican forces in Wyoming, Al Simpson notwithstanding (dude you have lost
    Ranching and coal and oil with your dislike of Trump). This was not a revolt of the sheep loving toothless Trump lovers as is portrayed in the far left national media; nobody actively republican wanted Liz.

Her opponent had a long history of fighting the east coast elite dominated federal govt for the people of Wyoming.

That is the current western mood. We have compromised ourselves into a witless unamerican oppressive federal government and it’s time to vote for much less government.

Yeah, the party has definitely gone more populist than I am. But it is the “equal but opposite reaction” issue. The farther left the democrats go, the harder, not farther, right the Republicans are. Nobody is interested in the “compromise our rights away with the woke left” snake oil that Liz or Alan is selling. And I always thought I was an Alan Simpson republican. I am way more liberal than the republican party but I’m not ever voting for a democrat again.

Those willing to compromise with Biden’s war on extraction and ranching and guns and access to public lands and his old boss’s war on the west simply are not going to attract votes in a Republican primary in the West.

Nice OP bigsky. Keep up the good fight.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

You know, I was raised an FDR Democrat. Parent's lifelong D's. Then I got my first paycheck.

Saying that, I am much more L, than R. I could care less who you love, who you sleep with and I definitely support social programs (My dad was disabled and without SSI we would have been toast).

But The Democratic party is no longer about the working man, they are 100% about identities and special interest representation and moving an energy policy that can bankrupt the US Wealth.

Liz Cheney and Brian Stelter in a week. My schadenfreude account is suddenly overdrawn.

Right there with you, just wish there was a way to wake true hard working Americans up.
    Much as they like to say global warming needs action before it’s too late, I believe the government needs a major overhaul before it’s too late.

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    +100
    I am but one of many that does not like the direction our country is moving in right now.

She is a politician with no party. Democrats hate her, and Republicans hate her more.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I have always considered her a Rockefeller Republican, or Democrat light. Her father and Bush 2 and that whole group within the Republican Party is very much in that Rockefeller Republican mold.

I'm not really a fan of Trump and Trumpism, he is more populist than he is libertarian, but it is still closer to the libertarian side of the GOP than is Cheney and that group.
    The Bushes made a fortune in Texas Oil but their roots grow deep in New England. They never changed when they moved to TX. Limousine Republican Liberals.
    Real Fan since 1958

HW Bush was the last decent president, imo.

She made her personal vendetta public and political. Never a good mix......