Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Words are not violence.

Words are not violence.

Rushdie. Rowling. Chappelle

Bari Weiss, a liberal who quit a good job from the abuses at the New York Times, has an excellent article about it.

https://www.commonsense.news/p/we-ig...shdies-warning

I saw Dave Chappelle last night. He does not allow cell phones in his concerts. Yet when he was attacked “there suddenly appeared fifty Zapruder films.” “I read the interview with my attacker and was surprised to find out the attack was my fault.” (As Rushdie was blamed by Iran for the attack on him.) “The hippie that is the LA DA let my attacker out on $3000 bond. I had no idea it was so cheap to attack people. Next time Miley Cyrus plays at the Hollywood Bowl I’m gonna tackle her twice.”

Words are not Violence. Violence is violence. Someone else’s words are not triggering. You choose to be offended, to be triggered, to retaliate, to commit violence.

Re: Words are not violence.

Next time Miley Cyrus plays at the Hollywood Bowl I’m gonna tackle her twice.”
    Personally, I would pick a different (pick your own gender pronoun) but Miley would make an acceptable tackle dummy.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Rupp's Runt

Not a "fighter" in the physical sense, but I know a thing or two about real violence, both as a LEO and as a Soldier. I abhor violence. I can't stand it. I've seen the aftermath of physical violence many times. It's never pleasant, or pretty, no matter how many Hollywood movies you've seen. It's one of the ugliest, most gruesome experiences a reasonable, rational human being will ever endure.

But when it comes time to deal with a violent criminal or a no-good terrorist piece of trash, you cannot hesitate, not for one second. It's either bring the violence, swift & sure, or end up dead. Or hurt so bad you'll wish you were dead. Don't think about it, just do it. There'll be plenty of time to think about it afterwards. Trust me, I know. And I am not by any means advocating for any sort of violence against anyone, as I've seen enough of it to last me three more lifetimes. But if the situation arises where reasoning & talking it over just won't work, and using physical force against another human being is your only recourse, then you'd better unleash hell and end the threat as quickly as possible.

Bad words, or spoken hatefulness towards me just rolls off my back. I've been called everything that most of us here can even imagine, and I never, ever once thought of it as violence. What is that old saying? "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me." Try to shoot me, or blow me up with a bomb, or put your hands on me with intent to hurt/injure/kill me and there will quickly follow a "come to Jesus meeting" with an unexpected ending for the person making that move.

I am just saddened by how soft and sissy-like many of our younger citizens have become. And at how dumb a lot of them really are.
    MOLON LABE!

They are dumb due to a lack of true parenting.