Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Just a mild request to keep my grandkids in your thoughts and prayers--they're ok

Just a mild request to keep my grandkids in your thoughts and prayers--they're ok

but celebrating their 5-month birthday on their 9th day of having Covid (their mom and dad have it, too).

Not severe, just sporadic cough, congestion and fussiness. Fever has gone away. Not sleeping well and fussy at night (which, of course, affects Mom and Dad attending to them.)

Just wish I could do something. They're ok, will be fine, and hopefully this will be gone soon, but it's sad to see your babies not feel well. I know, there are much worse things; I get that, and feel a little selfish just posting this.

Rupp's Runt

Re: Just a mild request to keep my grandkids in your thoughts and prayers--they're ok

Prayers Darrell.

My oldest had the flu at 5 months. She was fine, but still horrible to see your little one struggle.

Re: Just a mild request to keep my grandkids in your thoughts and prayers--they're ok

As I sit here dealing with a COVID headache 3 months post postive (or 11 months from first time positive) I can tell you the minor symptoms still disrupt.

Your family is in my prayers my friend.

You've got it, Darrell. Sounds promising but always scary when little ones are involved. Praying for a complete recovery.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

You have my prayers also.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

I know that it is difficult for me to see our grandchildren not feeling well and or afflicted with a disease or some physical injury, so it is not problem for my to respond to prayer requests from friends and relatives. Please keep me up to date on their condition. Prayers going up.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Just a mild request to keep my grandkids in your thoughts and prayers--they're ok

Absolutely adding prayers, and Darrell you can try and rest easy. The power of prayer that this little spot in God’s world has is otherworldly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Selfish my eye.
    When it comes to the Grands or Great Grands there is no such a thing.
    You ask away Papaw, Grandpa, Grand Dad, Pops, whatever name they have chosen for you, Mr. C.

May the Heavenly Father keep those precious little babies in His Loving Care and deliver them from this horrible disease with no side effects and we will not fail to give You your Glory.
    We ask this in Jesus most Precious Name.
    And all of His children say Amen.

Amen.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Selfish my eye.
    You ask away Papaw, Grandpa, Grand Dad, Pops, whatever name they have chosen for you, Mr. C.

May the Heavenly Father keep those precious little babies in His Loving Care and deliver them from this horrible disease with no side effects and we will not fail to give You your Glory.

Amen.
    Amen

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Definitely and hope they get better soon.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Selfish my eye.

Amen.
    Amen!
    Real Fan since 1958

Rupp's Runt

Prayers offered up for their full & complete recovery! And for the rest of the family as well!

AMEN!
    MOLON LABE!

Everybody is doing better, thank you. Not recovered, but not to the point where I hurt to hear about them. Thank you all.

Rupp's Runt

Great to hear

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Everybody is doing better, thank you. Not recovered, but not to the point where I hurt to hear about them. Thank you all.
    That's good news! And the prayers will continue for them!
    MOLON LABE!

Doing much better. Grandson got pinkeye from the covid virus. I don't understand how all that works, but some drops and he's good. You guys were great, so you deserve a treat.

Here's Dad with the twins last night ready for the Field of Dreams game. As a lifelong Cardinals fan, even I have to respect their dedication to the Cubbies!

EDIT, well crud. I screwed up the pic. I'll post it later.

Great news….

Fab Five

I will take it all as good news! I am sick of Covid!
    Real Fan since 1958

Awesome news!
    God is so good!
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

It's very good news. Facetimed with their smiling faces tonight.

2nd try on the pic.

Great news!

That is a pair of doll babies. Great to hear they are doing well.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Rupp's Runt

Smiles are good

Darrell, I hadn't seen this post till now. That's a fine pair of grandbabies you have there. My wife and I had gave up on having any grandkids, but we were recently blessed with a beautiful baby girl. She is 14 months old now and I don't know how we made it without her all these years,

Thanks, everyone.

Have been to Cincinnati 4 times since they've been born, and will be back next month (wife will stay for 2 weeks). Probably have to slow down those visits a little or buy a jet plane, but having grandchildren is something so special.

Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl granddaughter, DanISSEL!

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Thanks, everyone.

Have been to Cincinnati 4 times since they've been born, and will be back next month (wife will stay for 2 weeks). Probably have to slow down those visits a little or buy a jet plane, but having grandchildren is something so special.

Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl granddaughter, DanISSEL!
    Detour through Hopkinsville one day.

edit: I assume you go through BG now

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Detour through Hopkinsville one day.

edit: I assume you go through BG now
    We do, but I'd love to hit Hoptown one day and visit the old stomping grounds.

I think we will be somewhere in Tennessee for my son's soccer game with his college next month, and leave from there to go to Cincinnati, but I'm not certain. I'll certainly let you know if I scoot through even to grab a coca-cola or coffee.

They’re certainly beautiful babies. God bless the little ones.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain