Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Anyone planning to visit Los Angeles in the near future?

Be prepared for the guest in the hotel room next to yours

Los Angeles voters to decide if hotels will be forced to house the homeless despite safety concerns
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: Anyone planning to visit Los Angeles in the near future?

I could see the bigger hotels closing if this is voted in.
    Another I don’t understand why things have to be given free everyone has the capability to earn their way.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    Another I don’t understand why things have to be given free everyone has the capability to earn their way.
    You are obviously not a Democrat, are you??
    MOLON LABE!

Free **** buys votes
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Doesnt apply to higher priced hotels but smaller and lower priced hotels.
    A replacement for the federal (covid project room key, but hotels would be required to report empty rooms and rent them to homeless families or individuals.

Its a good thing for many of those with poor credit and past criminal records that prevent them finding housing. There have been few instances of trouble.

As a hotel owner, I would understand the hesitancy. But if they are assured of payment, and appropriate oversight of such renters by the city, then so be it.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

There are many ways I could say no I am not.
    Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    You are obviously not a Democrat, are you??

Rupp's Runt

There are many ways I could say no I am not.
    MOLON LABE!

Its important to note that the super nice "big hotels" are not involved because the hotels rates must be met. According to descriptions of the program it is limited to smaller, discount hotels, and mom and pop type establishments.
    Obviously so, since the rooms are not free.

Now many will benefit from government or state programs paying their rent no doubt. Under this program that money is guaranteed to go towards addressing the homeless problem, and if anything prevents system abuse.
    But the point is, there are working individuals and families that cannot afford or qualify to buy a new home. And they cannot rent because of poor credit, past criminal records, etc..

And no doubt there are also some undesirables. But there is a genuine need being met. Lumping them all together into a lower class of human being for political argument is wrong imo.

Here is all I meant to clarify,
    The hotels are out nothing. And the renters are obligated to obey the hotel rules in the same way as any guest.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.