Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Ky Flooding on Meet The Press

Ky Flooding on Meet The Press

I stumbled over it as I usually don’t watch Meet The Press. When I saw it while surfing I stopped and was wondering why in the world would Meet The Press be focusing on Ky flooding.

Then ole Chuck Todd, turned it into a political statement, stating it was associated with extreme weather patterns due to global warming, and adding that he had understood that Biden had called Beshear and offered anything they needed the federal government would be at their disposal.

Then it went into passing the infrastructure bill… which is basically a tax hike bill.

Enter Joe Manchin…ole Chuck tried to ambush Joe over voting against party lines…

…anyway, before they turned it into their usual liberal bias programming, the network did post a web site for flooding relief in eastern Ky.

Now as I’m typing Jon Stewert just came on, I couldn’t get the channel changed quick enough before throwing up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Ky Flooding on Meet The Press

I do like ONE sunday show—Barron’s on Fox. That’s it.

As for Jon Stewart and the memes he spouts, hey, want to get the bill passed asap? Get rid of the discretionary spending and it will pass immediately! His schtick, “ it was there the first time” is a smokescreen. People object to it, it’s standing in the way of passage, get it out and call Republicans’ bluff.

Flooding here made more national
    News and nobody died. Eastern KY is a huge tragedy that is being covered nationally as “tragic flooding and also boy is it hot”

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post

As for Jon Stewart and the memes he spouts, hey, want to get the bill passed asap? Get rid of the discretionary spending and it will pass immediately! His schtick, “ it was there the first time” is a smokescreen. People object to it, it’s standing in the way of passage, get it out and call Republicans’ bluff.
    Yeah...he failed to mention dems hold both houses and can therefore pass anything they desire without GOP support, thus at least one democrat must have voted "NAY"

But back to the topic which is KY flooding and "climate change"....KY's topography was created by floods and water movement eons ago. I recall floods in KY as a kid. Seems like yearly there was concerns about the Ohio River flooding downtown Louisville...and recall a few days in HS when I was unable to get to school (Central) due to flooding on river road
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

When you have steep mountains and narrow deep hollows like Eastern Ky. has, you have to expect flash flooding. We have floods here yearly. Some are just worse than others. If global warming is the cause of our flood problem, it must have been around for a long long time.

Flooding here made more national
    News and nobody died. Eastern KY is a huge tragedy that is being covered nationally as “tragic flooding and also boy is it hot”
    That's bc this only killed slow talking, white, Trump voters. Yeah, I'm cynical. Most national media couldn't find this state on a map.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by DanISSELisdaman View Post
    When you have steep mountains and narrow deep hollows like Eastern Ky. has, you have to expect flash flooding. We have floods here yearly. Some are just worse than others. If global warming is the cause of our flood problem, it must have been around for a long long time.
    Yep, its like living in the keys. There will be floods.

This one is particularly bad. Lost a lot of lives this time to go w all the property damage.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Yeah, people that live in these hollows for the most part know how dangerous these floods can be, but this one happened so fast that it caught many people off guard.

Ky Flooding on Meet The Press

More heavy rain could potentially impact the same area later tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Fab Five

The very best show on the "news" channels. Excellent.
    Real Fan since 1958