Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Squad and "fake handcuffs"

Squad and "fake handcuffs"

AOC and Omar were arrested in a protest over Roe v. Wade. OK, no big deal.

When they were arrested, they held their hands behind their backs appearing like they were handcuffed. They weren't.

They weren't really hiding that they weren't handcuffed, as both raised their fists at some point. But in the media image it looks more impactful for them to be looking like they are cuffed versus just out for a walk with an officer, and they know it and posed that way IMO.

AOC defended it as not being faked but doing it so as to not "escalate" anything or get charged with "resisting arrest."

Uh, you're a sitting US Congressman there with at least 16 members of the House (17 were arrested for blocking traffic), and these are DC cops. What exactly was going to escalate? Why were they going to hit you with resisting when you weren't resisting and the whole thing was a staged media event with TV crews?

Just be honest and say you wanted to make a statement, that you weren't trying to pretend to be cuffed but you wanted it to be clear you were willing to be arrested for the cause. that's reasonable.

Instead you get this nonsense justification that makes even less sense.

It's not just AOC or the Squad. It's just constant with politicians. Stand up and say what you think and mean. This is why Bernie and Trump have gotten such huge followings despite both being on the political fringe to start their national careers. People of all political views are united in their dislike and exhaustion with these stuffed shirt politicians.

that's part of why Biden is struggling so much. He's the ultimate figurehead stuffed shirt do nothing politician. He never says what he means ever, and most of the time doesn't even know the meaning of what he is saying. People see it now that he's actually getting media coverage, and they are sick of it.

Just a little diatribe seeing this story earlier. One GOP rep tweeted that DC is more about performance art than policy, and she's not wrong.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: Squad and "fake handcuffs"

You just want to date her.

Simple truth: these posers are about self aggrandizing on social media and little else.

She will be getting her yard ink today. Spiderweb on the elbow and a tear under her left eye. Bitch be looking to shank somebody today to get some cred, start working on becoming the yard boss
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Rupp's Runt

Damn, Doc! You have the lingo down to the letter! My Brotha!
    MOLON LABE!

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

You would think such a waste of law enforcement time would be illegal. I think they have better things to do
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

She described it as "civil disobedience." Uh, no.

Civil disobedience, surely best defined by Henry David Thoreau, is when you actually disobey the laws of the land in protest of those laws, and implicit in that is that you pay some price for it.

Thoreau refused to pay his taxes in protest over slavery, and then while not paying taxes also condemned the Mexican American War. He went to jail. A relative likely paid his taxes and he was released after a day but he did not pay them. in fact he had not paid them for some time but the tax agent ignored it I'm sure to not give him more voice on the issue and to avoid the drama.

As he said: “Under a government which imprisons any unjustly, the true place for a just man is also a prison.”

When AOC refuses to pay her taxes, or really breaks any real laws, then that's civil disobedience. Even if she just spent one night in jail I might give her a nod, like Thoreau, but in fact none of these Representatives were charged or detained at all.

It was the Capital and SCOTUS police that "arrested" them, and they knew the game and in a way work for these Representatives. They were there to provide the imagery needed.

They didn't get processed that I know of, or detained in any way. They just went back to their offices after the cameras were turned off.

As one person in one article I read pointed out, if you want to see an example of "privilege" in our society then this is a great one.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I am not pro abortion but I wish AOC's mother had been

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I am not pro abortion but I wish AOC's mother had been
    MOLON LABE!