Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Women of University of Colorado: Pee on your attacker

http://redalertpolitics.com/2013/02/...mpted-rapists/

On their website, the University has updated their guidelines on “What to do if you are attacked.” These guidelines now include, “Tell your attacker that you have a disease or are menstruating,” and “Vomiting or urinating may also convince the attacker to leave you alone.”
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Rupp's Runt

Re: Women of University of Colorado: Pee on your attacker

Ahhhh, I love the smell of "stupidity" in the morning..........it smells like..........capitulation!

On the other hand, just more concrete proof that there is no fixing stupid!
    MOLON LABE!

From their website:

Last Resort Tips
    These 10 tips are considered last resort options when all other defense methods have been exhausted. It was supplemental material for women who had completed an internationally recognized Rape Aggression Defense course offered free of charge to UCCS students.

The ten tips have been removed. We apologize for the miscommunication and any confusion that this page may have caused.

http://redalertpolitics.com/2013/02/...ary-shootings/

During a debate on gun control in the Colorado legislature, a bill HB13-1226, was presented to eliminate legal concealed carry on college campuses by permit holders. Rep. Joe Salazar (D-Thornton) decided that women should be denied the right to carry their legal guns because even if they felt they were going to be raped, they had call boxes and safe zones to protect them. Salazar asserted:

There are some gender inequities on college campuses. This is true. And universities have been faced with that situation for a long time. It’s why we have call boxes, that’s why we have safe zones, that’s why we have the whistles because you just don’t know who you’re going to be shootin’ at. And you don’t know if you feel like you’re going to be raped, or if you feel like someone’s been following you around, or if you feel like you’re in trouble and when you may actually not be, that you pop out that gun and you pop around at somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    From their website:

Last Resort Tips
    These 10 tips are considered last resort options when all other defense methods have been exhausted. It was supplemental material for women who had completed an internationally recognized Rape Aggression Defense course offered free of charge to UCCS students.

The ten tips have been removed. We apologize for the miscommunication and any confusion that this page may have caused.
    My first post probably did misrepresent the university but it was in the context of denying concealed carry on campus. Salazar, I think was a bit insulting to women as though they might get carried away with their feelings. What stands out for me is that their campus would become a recognized gun free zone which could embolden potential rapists. His politicizing of the issue only made things worse. Better IMO that the university bump up security than bringing any of this to light.

Unforgettable

Like sun at said, you can't fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post

During a debate on gun control in the Colorado legislature, a bill HB13-1226, was presented to eliminate legal concealed carry on college campuses by permit holders. Rep. Joe Salazar (D-Thornton) decided that women should be denied the right to carry their legal guns because even if they felt they were going to be raped, they had call boxes and safe zones to protect them. Salazar asserted:

There are some gender inequities on college campuses. This is true. And universities have been faced with that situation for a long time. It’s why we have call boxes, that’s why we have safe zones, that’s why we have the whistles because you just don’t know who you’re going to be shootin’ at. And you don’t know if you feel like you’re going to be raped, or if you feel like someone’s been following you around, or if you feel like you’re in trouble and when you may actually not be, that you pop out that gun and you pop around at somebody.

Fiddlin' Five

http://redalertpolitics.com/2013/02/...mpted-rapists/

On their website, the University has updated their guidelines on “What to do if you are attacked.” These guidelines now include, “Tell your attacker that you have a disease or are menstruating,” and “Vomiting or urinating may also convince the attacker to leave you alone.”
    That's an old Eastern Kentucky sex lure, urinating leaving a trail attracts male mates.

Quote Originally Posted by cattails View Post
    That's an old Eastern Kentucky sex lure, urinating leaving a trail attracts male mates.
    lmao

People who are afraid of guns and don't have a clue about them or people who own them need to mind their own business. The "it'll be the wild west" thing is the most overused and most disproven of all the objections to pro-carry laws. Maybe 3-4 times a year nationwide something like that happens as opposed to 1,000s of rapes and armed robberies on educational campuses and 10s of murders resulting from attacks.

Apparently it's OK for criminals to use guns against innocent people to kill and rape and rob 1,000s of people on college campuses every year so long as we prevent non-criminals from using a gun against an innocent person a few times a year.

I strongly support proper training and use of a 9mm over urination as a rape preventative. Lack of a penis and/or heartbeat is a highly reliable way to stop an attack.

Rupp's Runt

I guess just about "anything" can be used as a self-defense weapon/mechanism, but I fail to see self-urination, a whistle, or menstruation as anything but a "last chance" defense against an armed protaganist that means you great bodily harm. In essence, what the Colorado lib's are embracing is victimization, plain & simple.

If they think reaching for a whistle is a good idea, then why not have a gun or a knife or a stun device within reach instead? What is wrong with having good, viable, practical defense available instead of just, in essence, giving up and allowing yourself to be brutalized? What kind of pansy-ass moron thinks like that?
    If in a fight, you are never defeated unless you stop breathing. Even if you are losing that fight, as long as you are still actively in it you still have a chance. And even if you do lose, make that S.O.B. pay a steep & painful price for whatever it is that he wants. Make the prize LESS valuable.

I just do not understand this defeatist mentality. Never have. Of course, you should never go looking for trouble, but if it comes looking for you then you've got to stand up and make it 'showtime' for that scumbag. And if you opt to not carry a gun, then use everything at your disposal. Kick, bite, scratch, poke, scream, do whatever it takes to fight them off. Pick up something laying around if it's there and use it. If you're holding a soda or a cup of coffee then throw it in their face. Kick into their groin, stomp on their instep or their heel if you can get to it, scratch/claw at their eyes, slap their ears, just fight and get away.
    BUT DO NOT SURRENDER! What kind of person just gives up like that? And what kind of person would give a fellow human being that kind of advice when their future physical/mental health, or their life, may lie in the balance?
    Maybe I'm a dinosaur, but under those circumstances I will by-God fight until it's over. And I've taught my daughter to fight like a demon too. No one has the right to put their hands or anything else on her without her permission and she doesn't have to stand for it. Period. Fight like your life depends on it, because it just might.
    Okay folks............I'll get off the soapbox now.
    MOLON LABE!

Last time I had a woman pee on me, it cost me $20.00!

Good lord. How dumb are people. This is on par with RMK's comments to Connie Chung about rape "laying back and enjoying it".

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    I guess just about "anything" can be used as a self-defense weapon/mechanism, but I fail to see self-urination, a whistle, or menstruation as anything but a "last chance" defense against an armed protaganist that means you great bodily harm. In essence, what the Colorado lib's are embracing is victimization, plain & simple.
    Guess what--that's exactly what the "Colorado libs" said, too.

The soapbox rant was interesting, but did not contradict what they said. I'm not being critical of your soapbox rant either, but I am very surprised so many people continue to miss the point that these 10 tips are after the kicking in the groin, stomping on the instep, stomping on their heels, clawing, and probably two dozen other things had already been exhausted, since these were supplemental to the Rape Aggression Defense Course already completed.

Directly from their website.

Last Resort Tips

Kudos to the University of Colorado for providing the course, and the additional tips. If my daughter is a student there, and she has already--already--exhausted all the other techniques described--by dang, I want her using those 10 tips as additional repellent possibilities, since the others have already failed.

As I have said before, I have worked with rape victims and victims of sexual abuse before. ANYTHING that can help repel an attack should be considered. And that includes peeing on the attacker if they've tried everything else.

Off my soap box now, too.

Rupp's Runt

I guess I should have clarified my position. Basically what they're saying is that they want the women to be victims. Just be a victim. That's really all this is about, about making victims, about letting evil people do whatever they want to innocent people.
    I get it. Just lay down and be a victim. Let the wolves do whatever they want to the sheep. Why? Because sheep don't matter.
    MOLON LABE!

What were their non-last ditch recommendations? This was an addendum to a defense course, I'd be curious what was in it. To me that's more telling of their view.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Last time I had a woman pee on me, it cost me $20.00!

Dadgummit, my first beer in over a week and half of it through my nose.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

A follow-up:

http://redalertpolitics.com/2013/02/...se-strategies/

The University’s list immediately caught flak on news websites and social media platforms, and the school removed the list, claiming it had been taken out of context. In a statement on their website, the school asserted that the list was intended to be “last resort options when all other defense methods have been exhausted.”

Yet for Colorado college students, don’t expect one of those defense methods to be a handgun.

One of the Colorado state representatives who pushed for the new legislation, Democrat Joe Salazar, argued that women on college campuses have all the necessary safety precautions in rape whistles, call boxes and ‘safe zones.’ He also said that women carrying guns might accidentally shoot innocent people if they believe they are being threatened.

But ask a woman if she feels safer because of call boxes and rape whistles and she’d probably say ‘no.’ Even martial arts or self-defense training might be useless against an assailant who is stronger and heavier than his female victim.

Rape victim Amanda Collins knows firsthand how useless university ‘protections’ can be. Collins was raped at gun point on the University of Nevada campus, a place that is considered a ‘safe zone.’ She spoke on NRA News Radio and condemned Salazar’s remarks, saying that a call box and safe zone weren’t the solutions.

“I can tell you that a call box above my head while I was straddled on the parking garage floor being brutally raped wouldn’t have helped me one bit,” she said. “The safe zones? Well I was in a safe zone and my attacker didn’t care.”

She added, “The campuses are designated as a safe zone, or as I take it, a gun free zone. All it does is ensure the perpetrator that they are going to be unmatched when they pick a victim.”

Salazar later apologized for his insulting remarks about women being unable to use guns properly, but that still doesn’t solve the issue that Colorado elected officials seem to think women get enough protection from these passive defense strategies.

Call boxes and rape whistles serve a purpose, but the fact that a woman might have to humiliate herself by urinating — instead of being able to actually protect herself with a gun — is downright ludicrous.

Whatever happened to ‘the best defense is a good offense’?

By Kelsey Osterman /// February 21, 2013

Unforgettable

Darrell, I would want your daughter of my daughter to fight back also with any means possible but I would rather she have a knife or gun handy than her nails or jsut hitting a guy in the groin which might just make him even angrier and do even more harm.

Gun free zones are only meant for the good guys. Bad guys laugh at it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Dadgummit, my first beer in over a week and half of it through my nose.
    we ever meet up I'll buy you a round. I'll be in Chicago in November for the Champions Classic and I'll be in Atlanta for the SEC. Hold me to it because I always pay my debts.

“If your life is in danger, passive resistance may be your best defense.”

I read the comments and recommendations from the article linked initially to my wife, she was appalled. If a woman used passive resistance, in other words no resistance, the defense attorney would claim that the lack of resistance constituted consent; and all they need is one juror to partially buy into that idea for a rapist to go free.

As a father of three daughters and grandfather of a granddaughter I want my girls to be able to defend themselves, by any means necessary.

Keith I don't even know what "passive resistance" means when being violently attacked. What a meaningless term.

I can see being "passive" till he gets just close enough to gouge out one or both of his eyes. That's the best way to physically stop/disable a person and doesn't take strength. Personally I'd prefer every rapist and robber and thug get a couple of very active holes in his chest cavity or forehead.

Like the thread we had about the guy being robbed time and again and one guy getting just 5 years, I know a sure way to make sure sub-humans like that don't walk among us. make sure they don't walk ever again.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 02-23-2013 at 12:14 AM.

Hopefully with everything that has happened in the past two years, Ill be due a couple of "quiet" years and that just might be possible. First round is on me. My memory ain't what it used to be!

Part of the reason I love this community is the pretty witty interactions I get to see on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    we ever meet up I'll buy you a round. I'll be in Chicago in November for the Champions Classic and I'll be in Atlanta for the SEC. Hold me to it because I always pay my debts.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.