Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: James Caan RIP

James Caan RIP

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/us/ja...-82/ar-AAZkiU0

We lost a good one today….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 07-07-2022 at 02:36 PM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: James Cann RIP

He had a very interesting career--some drama (Brian's Song, The Godfather, Thief), some comedy (Honeymoon in Vegas, Elf), some scifi (Rollerball, Alien Nation), just to name a few. RIP.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Your point is excellent, b/c he had an inconsistent career despite being a really fine actor. He never seemed to break into that next level like Pacino certainly did, or even Robert Duvall to pick another Godfather actor. At least not consistently. You have to look at Misery and Alien Nation, which came out about the same time, as his big lead rolls and he was great in them IMO, but between Godfather and those and then thereafter you have a real mix of roles al over the place. Maybe he was less selective, but I'm betting a lot of casting people just didn't know how to fit his style and persona into the films.

You left out one of my favorites though. A very young, green James Caan in El Dorado with John Wayne and Robert Mitchum. that was his big break. He was green in it, but that suited the role he played, a guy who was really green. It worked IMO.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Your point is excellent, b/c he had an inconsistent career despite being a really fine actor. He never seemed to break into that next level like Pacino certainly did, or even Robert Duvall to pick another Godfather actor. At least not consistently. You have to look at Misery and Alien Nation, which came out about the same time, as his big lead rolls and he was great in them IMO, but between Godfather and those and then thereafter you have a real mix of roles al over the place. Maybe he was less selective, but I'm betting a lot of casting people just didn't know how to fit his style and persona into the films.

You left out one of my favorites though. A very young, green James Caan in El Dorado with John Wayne and Robert Mitchum. that was his big break. He was green in it, but that suited the role he played, a guy who was really green. It worked IMO.
    Alan Bedillion Trehern
    A host of friends. I have a host of friends...
    Rest in Peace, Mr Caan.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Alan Bedillion Trehern
    A host of friends. I have a host of friends...
    Rest in Peace, Mr Caan.
    Johnny Diamond had a recipe...

Croton oil???!!
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: James Caan RIP

that film really showed him off IMO, more than typical for a newcomer role. His entrance scene in the cantina he had to carry. Wayne was there initially to react. Caan did great with it.

FWIW there is an interview with him on youtube where he talks about how Wayne pranked him on that film where he was supposed to come in and the director told him to do it one way, and Wayne kept telling him another when the director stepped away. Just messing with him.

Re: James Caan RIP

A true joy to watch, that film...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.