Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Everyone gets the gas/oil price thing is intentional by Biden/Left, right?

Just making sure.

Biden misses another (2nd) major oil/gas lease deadline: https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...lease-deadline

Apparently the good news is that the "future of the liberal world order" is going very well however.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/high-g...iser-tells-cnn

This was obvious from the start, even from the campaign. Obama destroyed coal, now it's on to oil and gas.

The only way solar and wind and magic pixie dust (b/c solar and wind cannot possibly provide enough energy for this country) can be competitive is to raise the price of fossil fuels massively and artificially.

So you shut down 10% of refineries, you end all drilling and exploration, let the federal land oil/gas leases expire, end Keystone, etc.

So the price skyrockets, and everyone buys electric cars, and we're all happy again. Right?

Oh, go google on what the Chinese are doing to get to the minerals they need to make solar panels for the West. Entire Pacific islands are being removed to mine them, beyond the complete strip mining of big chunks of China and Mongolia.

Anyway, just want to make sure there isn't a single person out there who thinks any of this has to do with war in Ukraine or anything else that is not under the control of the Democratic party.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: Everyone gets the gas/oil price thing is intentional by Biden/Left, right?

That can't be right. brandon has been blaming Putin, the war, the Arabs, the Oil companies, supply chain issues, and spoiled rotten Americans that won 't run out and spend 3 years wages on a new ev.

So many to pick from, that it must be one of those and nothing he and his band of green clad idiot partners have caused.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Just makes you sick, I truly hope in a couple years the damage this clown and his pose has done will be easily corrected.

On the campaign trail, he made it clear he was going after fossil fuels. It was not a suggestion, it was a promise.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Gas prices began rising before Biden’s inauguration. When he took office, the average weekly price had already increased about 60 cents from a low of $1.77 a gallon in April 2020, under then-President Donald Trump.

According to those who analyze energy markets, the primary reason prices increased toward the end of 2020 and then in 2021, is because the demand for oil around the world began to exceed the available international supply.
    US gas prices follow gyrations in world oil markets, which depend on global (not domestic) supply and demand. What happened to crude oil and gasoline prices in 2022 was the Russian invasion of Ukraine, though partisans falsely deny the link between war and oil markets and instead blame President Biden for U.S. gasoline prices,”
    Alan Reynolds wrote in May.

“What happened to world oil markets in 2020 was a global pandemic, with falling oil and gas prices followed by a sizable loss of oil and gas production capacity in the U.S. and elsewhere,” he said. “What happened in 2021 was mostly the phasing‐​out of governmental lockdown schemes which allowed production, commerce, and transportation to bounce back faster than oil and gas production could.”

This resulted in gasoline prices increasing in the U.S. and abroad.

“Rising crude oil prices and increased gasoline demand contributed to the average U.S. retail price for regular grade gasoline increasing to $3.01 per gallon (gal) in 2021, the highest average nominal price since 2014,” the EIA said in a January 2022 post.

As of May, the EIA said that more than half of the cost of gasoline in the U.S. was based on the price of crude oil. The remainder was determined by a combination of federal and state taxes, distribution and marketing, and refining costs and profits.

Economist Alan Reynolds is a senior fellow at the Cato Institute and former vice president of the First National Bank of Chicago. He served as research director with Jack Kemp’s 1995–96 Tax Reform Commission and with Larry Kudlow and Alan Greenspan as a member of President Reagan’s 1981 transition team.
    Last edited by kingcat; 07-02-2022 at 10:20 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Did not expect to hear it any differently, I in no way believe it was because of the war.
    I remember quite well because I pass by the circle K every day on ring road and the day Biden was voted President gas was $1.55 a gal. The very next week it was already creeping up higher.

Fwiw, gas in my area is now down to 4.19. Hopefully it will continue to fall as it has the last couple of weeks.

That is almost a ninety cent drop over that period by the way.
    Last edited by kingcat; 07-02-2022 at 11:09 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

OK, so some of us still think this wasn't part of the plan. Despite Biden's and other official's saying it outright. Despite him decrying oil companies but shuttering refineries and cutting off oil and gas leases. Uh huh.

Do prices fluctuate based on supply and demand? I think that's self-evident. The point is that for 2 years Biden and the Left have done everything possible to decrease that supply, specifically to eliminate US production.

that is due to the environmental movement wanting us to not drill or frack, but also to make solar, wind etc. economically viable. If oil and gas remain cheaper, that transition never happens.

That's not a conspiracy. It has been stated outright by many Left leaders, including Biden.

Why else are they not allowing leasing? Why shut down keystone? All of it is for those two reasons. It is a stated policy goal.

The good news is that most people see it for what it is, and should hopefully vote accordingly.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I have read that US oil production under Trump in 2020, was about 11.3 million barrels per day. That was roughly the same as in 2021 (11.2 BPD) under Biden.
    The federal Energy Information Administration projected that US crude oil production will hit 12 million barrels per day again in 2022, then set a new record of 13 million barrels per day in 2023.

As for the leases, Biden revived the social cost of carbon on his first day in office, setting it at $51 per ton of CO2 emissions -- the same level as previously set by the Obama administration.
    Since late February of this year, there has been a pause on the issuance of new leases and permits on federal territory
    That pause, however, was prompted by a judge's injunction in a lawsuit filed by Republican state attorneys general in defiance of the social cost of carbon fee.

Regardless, we should note that more than three-quarters of US drilling occurs on non-federal territory.

I would also note that the Biden administration approved more drilling permits in its first year than the Trump administration approved in 2017, 2018 and 2019.
    Last edited by kingcat; 07-03-2022 at 01:07 AM.

That’s a paper tiger Kingcat. We could produce more oil here in the US, but we don’t have the capacity to refine it. The last refinery was built here in the US in 70s due to the environmental left screeching when it is brought up.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    I have read that US oil production under Trump in 2020, was about 11.3 million barrels per day. That was roughly the same as in 2021 (11.2 BPD) under Biden.
    The federal Energy Information Administration projected that US crude oil production will hit 12 million barrels per day again in 2022, then set a new record of 13 million barrels per day in 2023.

As for the leases, Biden revived the social cost of carbon on his first day in office, setting it at $51 per ton of CO2 emissions -- the same level as previously set by the Obama administration.
    Since late February of this year, there has been a pause on the issuance of new leases and permits on federal territory
    That pause, however, was prompted by a judge's injunction in a lawsuit filed by Republican state attorneys general in defiance of the social cost of carbon fee.

Regardless, we should note that more than three-quarters of US drilling occurs on non-federal territory.

I would also note that the Biden administration approved more drilling permits in its first year than the Trump administration approved in 2017, 2018 and 2019.

Any argument would have to be addressed towards Alan Reynolds and his opinion above. He has worked as a member of Ronald Reagan’s transition team, with Jack Kemp, and appears to be an authority on this and many subjects. Which means he is and has been obviously well respected among the historical hierarchy (RWR) of the Republican Party.

And no offense, vastly more qualified to address the subject first hand than anyone here, imo. That includes me naturally.

I do know that oil companies are not going to reduce the price disregarding the price of crude worldwide. And any increase in production would amount to a drop in the bucket when added to the world supply.

Oil companies are making record profits. They do not want to make it easier on the buying public. They want record profits to continue.

The last 27 years cannot be laid on either democrats or Biden. Each party has plenty of opportunity.
    But Republicans and Democrats alike who are invested in oil like to play politics, yet are having a party right now on the dime of hard working Americans. So it is the oil industry’s system at fault if anything.
    I repeat, record profits. That’s what drives every move big oil makes or doesn’t make.
    Last edited by kingcat; 07-03-2022 at 09:03 PM.

No one puts a billion plus into refining when Brandon talks of ending oil and gas by 2030.

It will truly be interesting in 24, I cannot see things going the way they are.
    Brandon gives the hard working Americans nickels and takes quarters.

This oil is from our strategic oil reserve…..

https://news.yahoo.com/over-5-millio...140609452.html

As the price goes up, the profits go up. Its basic economics based on cash flow.

If oil was so plentiful, as suggested, why the need to release 1,000,000 barrels per day from the strategic reserve?
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

No one is a greater threat to our country than Brandon.

Thanks for the link Cat. I should have known that little guy had a rotten pinky in that oil movement.

And the demorats wanted me to get upset about Trump Towers renting rooms to the Saudis.
    seeya
    dan

But Trump is the enemy

seeya
    dan

Linkage

He is such a fraud.
    seeya
    dan

FWIW I do have an answer to Reynolds above, just really haven't had time to write it out.

Biden has failed to keep OPEC producing, and of course if we were producing then we wouldn't even care what they did. It's absurd.

Also FWIW, the reason the Saudis are doing this is a) Biden has been much more anti-Saudi and, bizarrely, pro-Iran, and the Saudis are happy to undermine his influence by helping the GOP in the November elections, and b) Biden is simply weak and this is just another country kicking sand in his face.

Biden is a global joke, everyone knows it, which is why every enemy has been so much more active.

As for the oil thing, this is completely intentional. Biden's admin is hostage to extreme left views, including on fossil fuels. They are doing things to mitigate the policies b/c they are losing at the polls over them, but it is their policies they are having to mitigate.

The current move to eliminate offshore drilling is just another example. These anti-oil domesitc policies are to serve the far left in this country, but to not have $10 a gallon gas they then go abroad and ask for them to up their production. It does ZERO to help the environment whether that oil is drilled here or there, but it serves their political goals.

It's hypocritical and a giant joke. The US can be all but self sufficient and here we are in the 1970s again begging OPEC to do us a favor.

seeya
    dan

seeya
    dan

Diesel and heating oil will double in price this winter. Gas will go up big right after the election.

yeah, but we're more green. Russian oil burns cleaner than Texas oil, right? Right?

Sleepy's liar in chief is working overtime to think up these whoppers.

"Under President Biden, oil and natural gas production has increased, and we are on track to hit the highest production in our country’s history next year," she said. "He is determined to make sure that this transition helps all Americans in all parts of the country, with more jobs and better opportunities; it’s a commitment he has advanced since Day One. No one will be left behind.

Linkage
    seeya
    dan

My electric bill for our place in CO was $26 last year in October. This year it was $69. The house is mostly natural gas (heating, water, fireplaces). I am sure I will be shocked when I get that one
    Last edited by Doc; 11-08-2022 at 03:46 PM.

Last edited by dan_bgblue; 02-26-2023 at 07:24 PM.
    seeya
    dan