Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Pistol Safe??

Pistol Safe??

Hey guys, now that I have secured my secondary pistol for my Condo I want a small, I think preferably biometric, gun safe for it and maybe 1 or two extra magazines.

I have a larger safe at home on my nightstand that can hold more than that but not super happy with the fingerprint reading on it.

So, what do you guys like?

Bombino

Re: Pistol Safe??

From watching LockPickingLawyer on Youtube, I have learned that a number of gun safes are really bad (have flaws that most teens could exploit) but the "Amazon Recommended" ones seem to be especially bad.

Pistol Safe??

I don't really have a recommendation, but I have a large (for bedside) Barska gun safe that is biometric and key.

I have it so that a guest, child or other visiting won't be able to get it. I have no illusion that it will keep burglars from taking the contents of I have a home invasion.

It is similar to this one, but not identical.

Barska AX12840 Biometric Fingerprint Keypad Security Home Safe 0.99 Cubic Ft , Black https://a.co/d/b61uFDn

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    From watching LockPickingLawyer on Youtube, I have learned that a number of gun safes are really bad (have flaws that most teens could exploit) but the "Amazon Recommended" ones seem to be especially bad.
    That guy is a lot of fun to watch. Learn a lot, and it's amazing how he can get through so many locks and devices like it was a knife through butter.

I have picked those fire resistant Sentry safes, the small ones, with a paper clip.

Most of the small handgun safes are not good. I don't know if that guy recommends any, b/c he would know.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I should mention another option is concealment. There are some fairly slick conceal options for a handgun. there's one that is a wall shelf that is magnetic. You have to put the magnet or a RFID in the right spot for it to open. I haven't looked at them hard, but that may be a way to investigate. Esp. for something like a vacation house, where there will be absences for long stretches.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Thanks guys.

Chuck, that wall shelf is all over facebook right now. I just do not want to spend almost as much as I paid for my handgun..but may have to do so.

I never looked into the cost. I do think concealment is a good idea, but there are other ways to do it.

Serious crooks know the obvious places. The freezer, stove, that sort of thing, but there are some that are tougher to find.

What gun is it? Wondering about size.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 07-05-2022 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I never looked into the cost. I do think concealment is a good idea, but there are other ways to do it.

Serious crooks know the obvious places. The freezer, stove, that sort of thing, but there are some that are tougher to find.

What gun is it? Wondering about size.
    only a 9mm. The PSA Dagger I purchased to keep at the condo. hopefully and extra magazine too. Plenty out there just over $100. What I want to make sure is that it opens first time when I use my fingerprint. My current safe (larger, than single gun) is biometric but sometimes does not open quickly enough so guess what, I have my pistol in my bedside table.

Bombino

Pistol Safe??

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    That guy is a lot of fun to watch. Learn a lot, and it's amazing how he can get through so many locks and devices like it was a knife through butter.

I have picked those fire resistant Sentry safes, the small ones, with a paper clip.

Most of the small handgun safes are not good. I don't know if that guy recommends any, b/c he would know.
    A gun safe he actually recommended for general safety purposes:

https://youtu.be/7ArvsOvBBLw

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Good thread. I’m following

Pistol Safe??

Depends on who is holding it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire