Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Hilarious, America Hating Brittney Griner Facing Prison In Russia, Begs To Come HOME

Rupp's Runt

Re: Hilarious, America Hating Brittney Griner Facing Prison In Russia, Begs To Come H

I've not followed the story, and I don't know much about her.

But I've found it interesting that neither side is jumping to start a "Bring Brittany home" agenda. Seems like the Dems would be all over it. And a good way for the Republicans to score points with new voters. Maybe they have and I have just missed it.

Hilarious, America Hating Brittney Griner Facing Prison In Russia, Begs To Come HOME

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Hilarious, America Hating Brittney Griner Facing Prison In Russia, Begs To Come H

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    I've not followed the story, and I don't know much about her.

But I've found it interesting that neither side is jumping to start a "Bring Brittany home" agenda. Seems like the Dems would be all over it. And a good way for the Republicans to score points with new voters. Maybe they have and I have just missed it.
    GOP won't touch her b/c she's been pretty vehemently leftist and seen as anti-American by many. The left won't touch her b/c they dont' want to be seen as that extreme and anti-American, anti- National Anthem, etc. either. Esp. with midterms coming up.

Her only political support comes from extreme Leftists like the Squad, and they don't have much real power.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Russian laws are strict on drugs into the country. Something tells me shes done it before with no consequence. Not this time…..
    Know the laws where you are going…..

Rupp's Runt

Okay, this is my take on this:
    She was a guest in another country, and as such, she is subject to their laws. And since she saw fit to break their laws, in their country, and suffered incarceration as a result, well, I got nothing for her.
    It's bungholes like her, who don't know how to act properly in somebody else's house, that give ALL AMERICANS a bad name when visiting overseas. Anywhere. Therefore, I think it's only right that she suffers the consequences of her illegal actions. American citizen or not. Again, I got nothing for her.
    DON'T DO THE CRIME IF YOU CAN'T DO THE TIME! DON'T DO IT!
    Let her find out how bad Russian prisons are. Not that she's smart enough to understand that the same America that she hates is way, way better than what she's going through right now, but hey, there we are, with that whole "choices" thing coming up again. She chose to break their laws, so let her butt suffer for her stupidity.
    DON'T DO THE CRIME IF YOU CAN'T DO THE TIME! DON'T DO IT! Oh wait, I'll bet she never ever thought about that! It never crossed her mind. So she gets what she deserves. Again, no sympathy for her, at all. None. Zero, Zip. Zilch. Nada.
    Let her rot in a Russian prison. In Siberia. But that's just me. I know some of you guys here won't/don't agree with me on this one, but that's okay. I can't stand it when people like this think they're "special" and deserve special treatment just because she's some basketball celebrity. She broke Russian law. Let her deal with her Russian criminal law breaking consequences.
    Last edited by suncat05; 06-28-2022 at 04:45 PM. Reason: spelling correction
    MOLON LABE!

I am sorry for the individual’s plight. I take no joy in it. Were it Nancy Pelosi or AOC/Squad my schadenfreude would know no bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    Okay, this is my take on this:
    She was a guest in another country, and as such, she is subject to their laws. And since she saw fit to break their laws, in their country, and suffered incarceration as a result, well, I got nothing for her.
    It's bungholes like her, who don't know how to act properly in somebody else's house, that give ALL AMERICANS a bad name when visiting overseas. Anywhere. Therefore, I think it's only right that she suffers the consequences of her illegal actions. American citizen or not. Again, I got nothing for her.
    DON'T DO THE CRIME IF YOU CAN'T DO THE TIME! DON'T DO IT!
    Let her find out how bad Russian prisons are. Not that she's smart enough to understand that the same America that she hates is way, way better than what she's going through right now, but hey, there we are, with that whole "choices" thing coming up again. She chose to break their laws, so let her butt suffer for her stupidity.
    DON'T DO THE CRIME IF YOU CAN'T DO THE TIME! DON'T DO IT! Oh wait, I'll bet she never ever thought about that! It never crossed her mind. So she gets what she deserves. Again, no sympathy for her, at all. None. Zero, Zip. Zilch. Nada.
    Let her rot in a Russian prison. In Siberia. But that's just me. I know some of you guys here won't/don't agree with me on this one, but that's okay. I can't stand it when people like this think they're "special" and deserve special treatment just because she's some basketball celebrity. She broke Russian law. Let her deal with her Russian criminal law breaking consequences.
    I hope she likes beet soup.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    I hope she likes beet soup.
    BORSCHT!!
    Real Fan since 1958

Rupp's Runt

Biden has now reached out to her wife. Seems like pressure for him to do something is picking up.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/brittne...erelle-griner/

Russia's laws are what they are. You are there, you follow their laws. No different here. We don't tolerate German visitors driving 180 mph on our highways because you can do so in Germany. No different. Folks have used the arguement that were this LeBron, we would have done something. IMO that supports the entitled athlete, because were it Joe Smith, nobody would give a ####. Others claim 10 years in prison is ridiculous. I wish those who expressed that sentiment was as vocal about the people who trespassed on Jan 6, 2021 that are still incarcerated. Athletes think they are above the laws, because like politicians, usually they are.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Mercury coach added her .02 cents…

"If it was LeBron, he'd be home, right?" Nygaard said, referring to Los Angeles Lakers star LeBron James. "It's a statement about the value of women. It's a statement about the value of a Black person. It's a statement about the value of a gay person. All of those things. We know, and so that's what hurts a little more."

I have no idea of the political repercussions for either side, but I would think the White House has taken a pass because when Putin tells them to ef’ off Biden will look even more weaker…if that’s even possible. Or, does Putin play ball because it behooves his agenda to have a weak shell of a person in the White House.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post

"If it was LeBron, he'd be home, right?" Nygaard said, referring to Los Angeles Lakers star LeBron James. "It's a statement about the value of women. It's a statement about the value of a Black person. It's a statement about the value of a gay person. All of those things. We know, and so that's what hurts a little more."

I have no idea of the political repercussions for either side, but I would think the White House has taken a pass because when Putin tells them to ef’ off Biden will look even more weaker…if that’s even possible. Or, does Putin play ball because it behooves his agenda to have a weak shell of a person in the White House.

She checks all the "no relevance boxes" as a black gay women. She forgot USA hating ..........
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Rupp's Runt

"If it was LeBron, he'd be home, right?"
    That part is likely true.

Rupp's Runt

Related to something I do not remember or perhaps did not know. Trump forced the hand of Sweden to release A$AP Rocky. For those of you in the same boat as me....He is apparently a rapper that committed assault in Sweden.

Yes if it were Lebron he'd be home right now. Not b/c he's not female or gay, but b/c Russia is trying to rekindle their relationship with China, and Lebron is a useful idiot for China. (A little tongue in cheek there, but probably not wrong either)

How about you don't bring drugs into Russia? Or China. Don't even go to North Korea, or Afghanistan, or Pakistan, etc.

I'm going to stick to nice, stable, non-authoritarian, pro-Western countries as much as possible in my travels. There are lots of them you can visit and never see it all in a lifetime. Oh, and I won't bring drugs or anything I think may even possibly be illegal into them. Esp. not drugs, not that I have or care to have any.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

If anyone is even considering smuggling drugs in or out of another country I highly recommend watching Midnight Express, from 1978.

If it were LeBron, first, he would not be smuggling hash oil in secret containers every time he went to Russia. And if he did get caught doing anything, he'd pay the baksheesh or kickback or whatever, the end.

I think that is the thing we've missed in this; Griner alluded to it and seemed to imply has smuggled before.

She should be thankful she did not play in Singapore.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/07/asia/...hnk/index.html
    seeya
    dan

Griner pleaded guilty, and explained that she was in a hurry and accidentally packed the hashish oil in her luggage by mistake.

Did her dog eat her homework too?

It’s been reported that Putin would like a prisoner transfer for the merchant of death…

https://www.forbes.com/sites/siladit...h=32d04abb74ca

If they make a swap that doesn’t include Whelan the poo should hit the fan.

Again why help an American hater, that is her #1 mark in my book.
    All those that hate American should find the place that makes them happy.

Fab Five

Well, the good news is we may finally have a problem POTUS can solve. I mean if you can't solve problems surrounding inflation, interest rates, immigration, social security funding or mass murders, find an issue like this and make it seem like you solved a major problem. I bet his press secretary is working on this 24/7.
    Real Fan since 1958

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...xeur5y3w3tn4hj

If only Lebrun would get arrested in Russia.

If all the Leftists who swore they'd move out of the US or threatened to do so or said they wanted to would actually leave, boy this country would be so much better for it.

Pack up. Go. If America is so awful go somewhere better. Shoo. No long tearful goodbyes, just slip out the back Jack.

"If it was LeBron, he'd be home, right?"
    Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    That part is likely true.

So long as we are playing the "if"-ing game

If Trump was still president, odds are she would not be there at all. Odds are there would be no Russian- Ukrainian war, and odds are Putin would not be playing this power game. If Trump was President, and she had been arrested/jailed, odds are The Big Bad Orangeman would have gotten her released by now.

Anybody think Joe Biden is cagy enough to negotiate her release? Putin and the rest of the world chuckles at the site of Brandon. This is the same guy who shits his own pants!
    Last edited by Doc; 07-15-2022 at 06:18 AM.

You folks read about Enes taking Bron to task yesterday over the Griner issue and telling him he had no idea what it was like living under an autocratic government?
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 07-14-2022 at 06:54 PM.
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    So long as we are playing the "if"-ing game

If Trump was still president, odds are she would not be there at all. Odds are there would be no Russian- Ukrainian war, and odds are Putin would not be playing this power game. If Trump was President, and she had been arrested/jailed, odds are The Big Bad Orangeman would have gotten her released by now.

Anybody think Joe Biden is cagy enough to negotiate her release? Putin and rather rest of the world chuckles at the site of Brandon. This is the same guy who shits his own pants!
    I could see Poopy Pants making the trade that is suggested in the article. Trade a Russian arms dealer for a country hating stoner… yep, good trade Brandon, Putin playing Joe big time.