Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Science has a new problem.

The big bang theory that has been accepted as fact is now under intense scrutiny and is appearing more and more likely to be a bunch of hokum.

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: Science has a new problem.

Now what?

That’s kind of a sketchy video lol but the Big Bang has always been just a theory. It’s a theory that gained wide acceptance though because it sort of explains the earliest origins of the universe, but there have always been problems with it, like not being able to explain what was before.

Maybe someday we’ll have a unified Theory of Everything. Tossing out the Big Bang, or at least part of it, might be part of getting there. It won’t mean the science was wrong though. Science is just the process.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Science is just the process.

The problem is that many people think whatever science says right now, today, is fact. Well some of it is well enough established I think we can conclude it's fact. But a lot of it is still really just theory. that's OK, I agree that's how it's supposed to be, but a lot of people don't take it with that understanding that it is not infallible.

And science can also be biased. A great example, many great examples, are in things like food science. The US government has engaged in multiple very biased and in some cases completely wrong campaigns to "educate" Americans about how to eat, when the basis for it was either not very sound or outright paid for by interest groups.

Yet for many Americans it is all just "science", and they see it as such. They need the skepticism to look at the science in each case and separate the wheat from the chaff.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Science is a collection of theories subject to testing and the rational methods of testing . Tell ya what, the guy who posits and successfully defends scientifically a theory that the earth is 6000 years old will win the Nobel.

The people who “believe in science” have made it faith based. It isn’t a matter for belief.

But it is a key component of western civilization’s triumphs.

In high school and college, Big Bang was discussed and taught as fact even though it was called the big bang THEORY.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

There is no information given Christians about the age of creation. We do know he created it in the beginning and at some point perfected it to accommodate the life He subsequently made.

Our Creator obviously does not live in this realm of existence. Believe in Him or not, that doctrine should be obvious to all.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Rupp's Runt

God is science. And I'm sure there was a big bang when he created heaven and earth.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    The people who “believe in science” have made it faith based. It isn’t a matter for belief.

But it is a key component of western civilization’s triumphs.
    Science has now become the relgion for many. Cannot remember when Dan Brown book it was about the PRiest that was aligning Science and his Religion (Maybe Angels and Demons) but either side that looks at their position from a perspective of zealotry is wrong.

The bible itself plays with time beyond our understanding. Genesis does it regularly.. What is a Day to us is what to God the Creator? Do you really believe people lived 1000 years in the past or was time somehow different under Gods control?

I have never though Religion and Science were at odds, just have to be viewed outside the human brain of understanding lens. I think Quantam likely may find some answers here.

My last remaining uncle, Bill Taylor, is a physicist and preacher.