Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Yellowstone Park flooded, closed

Yellowstone Park flooded, closed

Park is closed. Various roads washed out. Bridges in Park Co Montana washed away, destroyed. US89 from Livingston to Gardiner closed, 60 miles of highway. Rain on the snowpack runs off quickly, taking some melted snow with it. Between a 100 year and 500 year event.

On the Madison/Gallatin “Missouri river” side of the Missouri river headwaters, a series of hydro electric dams are releasing water asap.

Fairly large disaster.

Re: Yellowstone Park flooded, closed

Daughter was telling me about that...of course, her "girls trip" is scheduled a month from now...any predictions on what in the world a month from now will look like?

Just watched a live video on the news of bridges washing out and houses being washed into the rivers. A fairly large disaster is an apt description.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I think I heard them say the water is higher than it’s been since late 1800’s..

https://www.independent.co.uk/climat...-b2100774.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blueboss; 06-14-2022 at 05:32 PM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

That’s a crazy video.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Daughter was telling me about that...of course, her "girls trip" is scheduled a month from now...any predictions on what in the world a month from now will look like?
    After the past few years, I am predicting snow in a month. Probably a blizzard that leaves the UFOs stranded.

I saw an earlier report that stated the large house that got swept away was lodging for park employees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    Park is closed. Various roads washed out. Bridges in Park Co Montana washed away, destroyed. US89 from Livingston to Gardiner closed, 60 miles of highway. Rain on the snowpack runs off quickly, taking some melted snow with it. Between a 100 year and 500 year event.

On the Madison/Gallatin “Missouri river” side of the Missouri river headwaters, a series of hydro electric dams are releasing water asap.

Fairly large disaster.
    Saw your facebook page. It’s awful. That is a long term clean up and restoration.
    Real Fan since 1958

The news broadcast reported that the building that went for a swim had been evacuated well before it slipped into the river.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

So the speed of the rain on snow runoff is what clobbered the Yellowstone valley. In a month some roads will be closed. Yankee Jim Canyon and Gardiner to Mammoth may still be closed, will be, likely. Flip side is the geographical changes will be raw, obvious, awesome. Rafting may me limited on the Yellowstone but the Gallatin will be a fine option.

Rainy season ends about the 4th of July. Summer begins.

I was worried about the dams on the Madison and Missouri but that side of the Missouri headwaters did not get the heavy rain event. Nevertheless at least two bridges got eroded, bent, destroyed on the Gallatin.

Rupp's Runt

Mother Nature is always awesome, but at times she is certainly dangerous.
    MOLON LABE!

Not entire KY towns getting wiped out by a tornado, horrible tragedy, but more a reminder that not everything is under human control.