Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: I've got friends in low places

I've got friends in low places

Well, I do, but this is about the Garth Brooks concert at Protective Stadium (new stadium home of UAB and the USFL) Saturday.

Had many friends who attended (not my thing), but I was impressed with his set list. As a very infrequent concert goer, this seems like he was giving everyone their money's worth. Is this common?

37 songs on his set list Saturday night.

Re: I've got friends in low places

That's really impressive! Love the covers, too (Troubadour, Fishin' In The Dark, You Never Even Call Me By My Name, etc.).

I'd expect Springsteen to do something similar, but I definitely wouldn't call it common. Both guys are known for giving their all, and their fans appreciate it.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

"And you don't have to call me darlin',... darlin'.... "

one of only about 4-5 country songs where I know all the lyrics.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Fab Five

Garth had to sing a lont of songs from other artists. Most of his are bad! Trisha sang her only song and did it well.
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Well, I do, but this is about the Garth Brooks concert at Protective Stadium (new stadium home of UAB and the USFL) Saturday.

Had many friends who attended (not my thing), but I was impressed with his set list. As a very infrequent concert goer, this seems like he was giving everyone their money's worth. Is this common?

37 songs on his set list Saturday night.

No it is now. I am going to a Kenny Chesney (and Carly Pearce) concert tomorrow (Thursday the 16th) and to this point his setlist has been 12 songs with 2 for encore... and that is a 2 hour show.

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    Garth had to sing a lont of songs from other artists. Most of his are bad! Trisha sang her only song and did it well.
    I'm much more of a Trisha fan than a Garth fan. I always liked her voice and song choices.

I was a big fan of country in the late 80s and 90s, before they decided they were going to make country into some unholy combo of pop and southern rock.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    No it is now. I am going to a Kenny Chesney (and Carly Pearce) concert tomorrow (Thursday the 16th) and to this point his setlist has been 12 songs with 2 for encore... and that is a 2 hour show.
    I hope it was a good concert. I like Carly Pearce, one more Kentucky artist making it big in Nashville.
    Real Fan since 1958