Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: I am getting tired of the media claiming that Ukraine is the wheat

I am getting tired of the media claiming that Ukraine is the wheat

breadbasket of the world and that the war is causing the wheat shortage and the rise in prices. Ukraine is #9 in wheat production, with the USA coming in at #4.

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/...countries.html
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: I am getting tired of the media claiming that Ukraine is the wheat

I am just getting tired of the media. All of it.

When I was younger it was biased, but tried to maintain at least an appearance of being objective.

Trump fully flushed that out, and now they are just a propaganda machine. It feels very much like living in Oceania circa 1984.

The oil and gas shortage and prices is due directly to federal policies intended to do exactly what they are doing, raise oil and gas prices so high that "green" alternatives become more cost effective. It has been the stated policy of the Left and Biden's shadow administration is implementing it.

Higher food prices are due directly to the labor shortage (caused by brilliantly paying people to not work and some other factors) and the higher oil and gas prices, which of course is the key economic input into every other production process in the economy.

The war in Ukraine contributes to prices in the form of basic uncertainty and higher economic risk calculations more than anything else. It's a factor, but it's not the driving factor at all.

Just like in the 1970s, when you spike the price of major economic inputs you get inflation. It's not exactly complicated.

The more they defend Biden as if this is a good economy and he's doing a good job with it, the more people see them for the liars and propagandists they have become. That at least is good news. Once they stretch all credulity this much they expose themselves to more people.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 05-23-2022 at 02:48 PM.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    breadbasket of the world and that the war is causing the wheat shortage and the rise in prices. Ukraine is #9 in wheat production, with the USA coming in at #4.

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/...countries.html
    This means a wheat shortage is expected so that Biden can then import some wheat and claimed he resolved the crisis
    Last edited by Doc; 05-23-2022 at 03:15 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.