Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: There will be no following vote counts on election night in Alabama anymore.

Fab Five

There will be no following vote counts on election night in Alabama anymore.

Vote totals for the entire state will be released at one time. There will be no partial vote counts released.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...g763C3HvYv5kWF
    Real Fan since 1958

Re: There will be no following vote counts on election night in Alabama anymore.

At least they are trying to make the process more secure, fair, and accurate. Can't ask for more than that.

KY used to use electronic voting machines, but they went back to paper ballots in the 2012 election. Paper ballots are machine read on site with the actual paper ballot being dropped in a box next to the reading machine, then the actual ballot, and ballot reading machine are delivered to the court house very soon after the poll closes. They make using the mail in ballot for voting easy, but they have strict rules for qualifying and use of the ballot. A voter can mail the ballot from home, from a corner mail box, from a post office, or it can be hand delivered to a polling place in the signed and sealed envelope.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Fab Five

Re: There will be no following vote counts on election night in Alabama anymore.

Tte practices you describe in Kentucky are pretty much what we have had in Ala. for the last 40 years. The only significant changes we have had is the reading of the voter id and electronic verification of voter registration in the precent.

I will miss watching the traditional vote count.
    Real Fan since 1958

We do not have electronic reading of voter ID yet, but since all the new drivers license IDs have the chip in them it would be easy to do for the majority of voters. I do not know if the government ID cards are chipped or not. We still present the ID to one of the poll workers for them to verify against the paper record book then we sign the book prior to voting..
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    Vote totals for the entire state will be released at one time. There will be no partial vote counts released.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...g763C3HvYv5kWF

As it should be!
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.