Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Goldman Sachs official tells 'Face the Nation' the risk of recession is 'very, high

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Goldman Sachs official tells 'Face the Nation' the risk of recession is 'very, high

Well spank my a@@ and call me Shirley. No sh7t Goldman Sachs… that’s quite a limb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Rupp's Runt

Re: Goldman Sachs official tells 'Face the Nation' the risk of recession is 'very, hi

So what stage are we in right now?

Re: Goldman Sachs official tells 'Face the Nation' the risk of recession is 'very, hi

I was told by a 22 year old that their was no way there would be a recession and things are going great.

Guess I am just an old timer.

Fab Five

People who have not lived through hard times have no way of comprehending what a recession means.

I was on the Board of a large Credit Union in ‘78 when we had to make a decision as to whether we should charge our members 18% on a mortgage or suspend lending money for any home loan. We suspended granting loans for 18 months as we didn’t want to make 15 year loans at an exorbitant rate. It wasn’t in the members best interest. Carter wrecked the economy and Biden is worse.
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    People who have not lived through hard times have no way of comprehending what a recession means.

I was on the Board of a large Credit Union in ‘78 when we had to make a decision as to whether we should charge our members 18% on a mortgage or suspend lending money for any home loan. We suspended granting loans for 18 months as we didn’t want to make 15 year loans at an exorbitant rate. It wasn’t in the members best interest. Carter wrecked the economy and Biden is worse.
    Recession: a period of temporary economic decline during which trade and industrial activity are reduced, generally identified by a fall in GDP in two successive quarters.

Classic Stagflation .... GDP static or shrinking but costs going up. I was 14 years old in 1978, mom was a part time sales clerk at Sears and Dad was disabled and on a SS check. Times were tight. The cut moms hours because people were cutting back. But even though part time, Sears provided health insurance and funded a very small pension.

A couple of differences today from then that worry me. Despite a democrat controlled congress in that period they were not voting go simply give away money after money so people were motivated to work. They tightened their belts. We did without some things. A couple of cans of pinto beans and white bread was dinner sometimes.

I am not convinced that is our reality today. I do not think people will tighten their belts. I think they will expect the Government to allow them to continue to spend at their current "need" level. People will not be motivated to reenter the workforce.

We will see....

You are exactly right, our population lives off the government and fully expects the government to take care of them, screw the working class men and women.
    I think of this a lot, my stepdaughter racked up 120k in fed loans but only because she bought a car and thought it was her right to travel all over the place and voted for Bozo because of the promise to do away with college fed loans.
    My other step daughter just graduated from Carnegie Melon $90k a year education and studied art/photography but has no plans of getting a job.
    Just a very odd mindset nowadays.
    It’s they believe the government owes them and they could careless about working.
    This country is going to implode because manufacturing is close to dead, you cannot get workers.

Fab Five

Catman, it’s sad what Universities are doing to destroy the economy. Government shouldn’t be competing with banks in lending money. Either make college free or get out of the way . Put banks in charge of loans and this crap will come to a screeching halt. The Universities have created this crisis through unbridled spending and tuition increases. They should be held accountable.
    Real Fan since 1958

Did he blame Trump, Putin, the GOP or systemic racism?
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Goldman Sachs official tells 'Face the Nation' the risk of recession is 'very, high

Is that a bear I hear rustling around getting closer and closer??

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Is that a bear I hear rustling around getting closer and closer??

He is siting on the sidewalk at 20 Broad St, New York City, NY
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.