Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You can eat nothing but food from 5 chain restaurants for the rest of your life

Re: You can eat nothing but food from 5 chain restaurants for the rest of your life

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    P.F. Chang's is okay. If you're eating at Panda Express you're getting cheated. Myself, and just like the Mom & Pop Italian & Mexican places, the local Mom & Pop Asian places are way better than the chain joints. JMHO. We all like what we like, so.........

Ditto to that sir!! For whatever reason when the chain joints move into town, the mom and pop places close up.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: You can eat nothing but food from 5 chain restaurants for the rest of your life

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    It's funny, like Suncat said, everybody likes what they like. For me, I've been underwhelmed at Cracker Barrel, and have had the same experience at many of them. Food is just sorta meh (to me). The one thing I've really liked there is their turkey or chicken and dressing. Now, that I can enjoy. If I have a meat loaf or fish dish, I regret it. Chicken is ok. Chicken fried steak is meh. Nothing is bad, don't get me wrong, just if I'm spending money to eat, I like to enjoy it more. I do like the biscuits and cornbread.
    If you ate at my grandma's house you'd feel the same, lol. It's a long way from great food. I make better fried corn, chicken (mine isn't overcooked), meatloaf, and several other things. But it's good basic, consistent and it's not a hamburger.

I have never not once when picking a place to go "out" said "how about cracker barrel. But if I'm on the road driving by places or stuck in a $80 a night hotel on a business trip, then yes.

It makes my list here b/c a) they have basic countryish food and I can eat that, and b) I really don't like ANY chain food all that much.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

To that 2nd point, where do I eat?

I hate eating at chains. I actively avoid them other than on road trips since they are generally predictable, but if I have time to investigate I avoid them there as well. For example I would never eat at the Hard Rock Key West. There are 200 places there that aren't chains, and a few that only have 2-3 locations in Florida that are still good.

I've eaten at Cheddar's a few times to meet people. Used to eat at the local Outback a LOT but I knew the bar staff there and it was in the bar section actually mostly locals. Otherwise I avoid them.

So I really don't even know 5 such places to eat, not of late.

Lately I rarely go out. If I do I mostly go downtown, and pick up at a few places in town I like. I guess Covid started that, but it sounds like I'm not alone.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

We usually don't eat at chains. We're lucky enough to have good local places around us and we prefer those. About the only chains we eat at regularly are when we're traveling--McDonalds for breakfast and Chik Fil A for the same.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Which ones have given you food poisoning? I’ll never set foot in an O’Charleys again and was only there that time to meet up with friends. I’m not sure if they’re even in business anymore. Poisoning your customers isn’t usually a good business model.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Rupp's Runt

You can eat nothing but food from 5 chain restaurants for the rest of your life

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Which ones have given you food poisoning? I’ll never set foot in an O’Charleys again and was only there that time to meet up with friends. I’m not sure if they’re even in business anymore. Poisoning your customers isn’t usually a good business model.
    Used to love O’Charleys. But 3 or 4 not so great experiences in a row means we have not been there in years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fab Five

My daughter refuses to go to Applebee’s for the same reason. As I said previously I tend to avoid all chains, unfortunately it’s almost impossible.
    Real Fan since 1958

Rupp's Runt

Burger King when I was in the Army in Germany. Tried their fish sandwich, and man oh man did I ever end up regretting that decision. And the German beer didn't help any. And it was after a night of clubbing, so there was that too. Never really had experienced that before in my life, and believe me when I tell you it left a lasting impression on me. So, in the infrequent times I go to any Burger King now, I avoid the fish sandwich. Besides, there are way too many good seafood restaurants here in Florida to waste my time or money on a chain joint's fish sandwich.
    MOLON LABE!

Waffle House
    Chuck E Cheese.........

Sony's BBG (assuming they have the salad bar back)
    Texas Roadhouse
    Macaroni Grill(prefer it to Carabara)
    Pei Wei (or PF Changs)
    Jersey Mikes
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.