Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Boy, the JB Fiscal policies sure are working....for Stagfllation

900 point drop. Largest since 2008.

Market up 6.6% since election day 2019

Marke Down 10% since beginning of year

8.5% inflation

-1.8% GDP shrinking...

Sure glad mean orange man not there...

Re: Boy, the JB Fiscal policies sure are working....for Stagfllation

I retired from public work with enough savings and SS income to happily settle back and help raise the grand kids, take a few trips to exotic destinations, buy some pricey wood working equipment, add a bay onto my garage so I will have room for the new pricey equipment, get my federal firearms license so I can buy a Ma Deuce and set up a machine gun nest in the corner of my garage addition.

If all goes well, I will rejoin the public work force again at the end of next month. I figure that if I work until I am 73, I should be able to do most of those things. I hope the ignorant SOB currently in office lives long enough to run again so I can figure out a way to vote against him 20 times.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I have stopped looking at my shrinking retirement nest egg. Have pledged to not watch it closely until 2024
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I have stopped looking at my shrinking retirement nest egg. Have pledged to not watch it closely until 2024
    Same. Wish I had more to invest right now. But my wife is wanting to make a career change so I'm trying to cash flow her 2nd Master's degree. She wants to take a big pay cut to become a teacher...

Rupp's Runt

How is inflation calculated? Up 8.5% from what point? I feel like it is 25% or more since Biden took office. Just based on our spending at home.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    How is inflation calculated? Up 8.5% from what point? I feel like it is 25% or more since Biden took office. Just based on our spending at home.
    It is a year over year calculation

It's rapidly draining my little retirement fund. It was keeping up with the monthly amount that I was taking out of it and even gaining a little, but now that we're having to pay to help make America better, it's plunging.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    From yesterday........
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Rupp's Runt

From yesterday........
    Seems like it.

if down today, we have had more down weeks than we have in the last 21 years.

Since Biden took office, my stock portfolio is down significantly. My retirement fund is down over the amount I would earn in 2 years at my current job. Contrasted to the 4 years under Trump where my stocks went up about 4 years of earnings. So in Bidens 1 yr and change, he has managed to decrease the value of my IRA and stocks 1/2 the amount the Trump economy earned me in 4 yrs

Since Biden took office, my stock portfolio is down significantly. My retirement fund is down over the amount I would earn in 2 years at my current job. Contrasted to the 4 years under Trump where my stocks went up about 4 years of earnings. So in Bidens 1 yr and change, he has managed to decrease the value of my IRA and stocks 1/2 the amount the Trump economy earned me in 4 yrs
    I'm in the same boat Doc. I know the market is cyclical. And I expected some evening out but honestly, I am down over 30% in the past 15 months. My target date of 12/31/2027 is seriously in major jeapordy. Will it turn around in the fall? At this point I just want to get back to where I was Jan 1 this year.

My 457f (1 deposit per year and has had 2 deposits so far) is now a full 20% under the deposit amounts meaning a net loss.

I am plain sick of this Administration.