Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Across the Bluegrass & Southern Indiana, y'all safe tonight?

Across the Bluegrass & Southern Indiana, y'all safe tonight?

Been some crazy weather tonight. Just checking on the safety of some of my brothers and sisters here.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Rupp's Runt

Re: Across the Bluegrass & Southern Indiana, y'all safe tonight?

I'm safe. I live in a small community south of Greenville called Weir. When we make the news it is normally a tornado lol

Radio said there was rotation over Weir and we saw one funnel looking cloud over the trees. But I have not been out to see if there was any damage and I've not seen any damage posted on Facebook. So hopefully that rotation stayed in the sky.

Across the Bluegrass & Southern Indiana, y'all safe tonight?

I’m currently in MO, but my phone was blowing up with people telling me there was a warning in place at the Bardstown Rd area around Glenmary subdivision just to the south of Louisville. I got a text stating there was a tornado on the ground.

I’m in S central Mo. and we were under a watch but the setup didn’t really develop for severe activity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blueboss; 04-13-2022 at 11:02 PM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

You guys all stay safe. For a change, I think that we are just under a thunderstorm warning. My son had a tornado warning (Jackson, Mississippi), but I have not heard yet if an actual tornado touched down or if it was just the circulation.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    I’m currently in MO, but my phone was blowing up with people telling me there was a warning in place at the Bardstown Rd area around Glenmary subdivision just to the south of Louisville. I got a text stating there was a tornado on the ground.

I’m in S central Mo. and we were under a watch but the setup didn’t really develop for severe activity.

Daughter and SIL are very near to the Glenmary area. They have been awfully lucky, as their casualties may be limited to a few shingles. Some of their neighbors, not so lucky, but no injuries known.

Jefferson Co. schools closed today due to several schools without power.

It was really noisy between 8:30 and 10:00. Lost power twice in that period of time, but I am not aware of any damage in the area.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Fab Five

Truly sorry for those dealing with the damage. With supply chain issues in the construction industry, it will take some time before a lot of rebuilding can take place. Many of the people here South of Birmingham who dealt with damage in March 2021 are still not back in their homes. It's tornado compounded by pandemic, further compounded by our failing economy.
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post

Sister-in-law lives at Manslick and Beulah Church Rd. She had a several good size trees down from the thing with one taking out the power at a home she rents out.
    Rated an F-1 I do believe.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Fab Five

The rating matters little when it’s your house and you are in it. I never heard anyone say, “Thank God, it was only EF-1!”.
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    The rating matters little when it’s your house and you are in it. I never heard anyone say, “Thank God, it was only EF-1!”.
    True.

Turns out the home destroyed in Glenmary belonged to a good friend of my SIL.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain