Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: The New Orleans of Florida: Pensacola

The New Orleans of Florida: Pensacola

Not sure I'd agree with that, but New Orleans is my favorite city in Louisiana and Pensacola my favorite city in Florida, so I guess that's OK.

Good article here about restaurants there you might want to save if you make a trip to that part of the beach.

https://www.thrillist.com/travel/nat...sacola-florida

Re: The New Orleans of Florida: Pensacola

Now that we have a place in central Florida I'm not sure we'll be there anytime soon, but we love Pensacola.

ETA: I also love New Orleans, and it's not fair to compare Pensacola to NOLA. 2 different cities. But I still like to see it given praise.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 04-04-2022 at 08:12 AM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

I went to Pensacola on purpose one time and really liked it.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

So does that make Key West the Paris of Florida? I'm kinda confused about the ruler we're using.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Lol.

I've never been to Paris, but I have been to Key West. Maybe they're both eclectic, and that works?

It is an odd analogy. I was trying to make it fit, and the restaurant angle is the closest, but I don't even think that's a fair match. Anyone who thinks they are on a par, even accounting for population differences, clearly hasn't sampled enough of both.

Pensacola has many cool things that just fit me. New Orleans does also. But it's like saying you enjoy ice cream and you enjoy bratwurst. Just two different things.

Key West has a lighthouse. Kind of like a tower.

It has something like burlesque shows. Just be aware those are actually guys in those dresses.

There's no river running through it, but it does flood from time to time.

It's a stretch, but I'm working on it.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

There’s lots of people there you can’t understand, at least not until they sober up a little.

I like that little corner of the world where Pensacola is located. From Gulf Shores down to St George Island, lots to do, see, eat, or just sit and recharge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

You know how Grammy and I feel about L.A. and the Redneck Riviera area...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.