Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Might as well discuss this one...Will Smith/Chris Rock

Will Smith wrong on many levels, IMHO:

--Didn't seem bothered by it initially, only did it after he saw his wife didn't think it funny like he did
    --Violence not the answer--he had a long walk up there to think about what he was about to do
    --Sucker punch/slap: not cool
    --Pick on someone your own size

Those are just the ones that come to mind off the top of my head.

Kudos to Chris Rock for his ability to keep his cool in that situation.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Press assault charges, and sue the poo out of him…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Might as well discuss this one...Will Smith/Chris Rock

Wow. I guess I live in a bubble, and I had not heard what occurred. I had to go look up and see the video.

I'm of two minds on it.

Obviously violence in response to words is a generally wrong notion and certainly an illegal one. I get that. I haven't seen Smith's initial reaction or change in reaction to judge his sincerity, which is a factor for me. So yes soberly you can't do those things...

However,

On the other side where I put myself in the position of my girl being insulted in some bar by some a-hole I have no problem with it. I'm old school. You come up and insult my girl and I get to beat you into next week. Can we take the whole country back to "old school" where when you insulted someone's girl you got the crap kicked out of you? We had a lot fewer serious crimes back when people showed more respect and when people settled these things without lawyers and courts.

The only reason I didn't this last time was b/c of the legal consequences, and making a scene in a nice place I frequent. But I had no moral problem with him deserving to be beat hard.

I have to say I also liked seeing it at the Oscars, full of leftists who think a lot of themselves for it and yet have this wonderful hypocrisy where they can insult certain classes of people all they want but others you can't joke about at all. For one of them to land a joke that didn't work out b/c someone took offense and everyone was stunned that he didn't just take it, part of me finds that entertainingly satisfying.

If Rock had made a gay or trans or whatever joke, like Dave Chappell isn't afraid to do, that crowd would be aghast. that's why Rock was there and Chappell isn't. So for that to turn out the same for them in some odd way seems like karma.

In that line of thinking Smith's only mistake was to apologize and try to excuse it as love and a heated moment. John Wayne would have belted the guy and then never apologized and asked if anyone else in the room had anything bad to say about his woman.

If nothing else I find the controversy among our faux elite Hollywood class of naval gazers to be entertaining in and of itself. Like watching a couple of Royals in some feudal system have a spat. It's fun for us commoners.

Esp. b/c the insult was to someone who has a medical condition. Somehow that passed. If he had made fun of a trans person in that same vein would those Hollywood people who are upset with Smith be cheering him instead?

The study in their hypocrisy is interesting to say the least to me.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Wow. I guess I live in a bubble, and I had not heard what occurred. I had to go look up and see the video.
    I didn't know about it until about 4:30pm when we got done with some work and I checked the headlines.

Obviously I don't watch shows like the Oscars and in general hope no one does so they go away.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Meanwhile, you have this. I don't keep up with music, or entertainers, or anything. But I'm a Lady Gaga fan after this. Incredibly gracious and non-patronizing way of helping an obviously suffering Liza Minelli.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...innelli-oscars

Rupp's Runt

Who cares what these bungholes do to each other? I certainly don't. And who cares about the Oscars, or the Emmy's, or the Grammy's, or any of these other contrived leftist events? I certainly don't.
    If the earth opened up and swallowed ALL OF THEM while these shows are in progress, our world would be a much, much better place. JMHO.
    MOLON LABE!

Surprised not seeing more discussion of this topic. Apparently it's more important than the war in Ukraine, inflation, the gas and maybe coming food shortage, or anything else based on the media coverage.

I still say fake-set up for publicity. They are actors. You punk me like Smith did Rock and its going to fisticuffs then and there.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I still say fake-set up for publicity. They are actors. You punk me like Smith did Rock and its going to fisticuffs then and there.
    I agree with Doc. I think it was a set-up for publicity purposes.
    MOLON LABE!

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    I agree with Doc. I think it was a set-up for publicity purposes.
    IMO they stole one of the greatest, and most convincing hoax of all time!

https://youtu.be/kv73yzYuE_M
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Doc, to your hoax position:

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ill-smith-slap

So there's video of both Jada and Will Smith laughing when the joke is first told,then they both change gears completely.

Maybe they took a minute to let it sink in, maybe they were just late on their cue. Will be interesting to see how this evolves.

If the Academy takes any real action that goes against the theory, but if they do nothing that really hurts Smith then maybe it could lend credence.

As for who is right and wrong I like citizen more enjoy the dramatic choosing of sides and reactions to it. I like chris rock more than will smith because he seems nicer and less of a d bag certified pompous a hole so I choose his side for that reason. I liked seeing a guy get smacked for talking trash to a woman with a medical condition albeit a crazy one. I think they go a bit too far and think that did as well. As for whether it was real I think it was, and as for laughing during the joke I think it’s one of those public deals we’ve all been in where someone makes a crappy comment and the nice guy in you is laughing it off until it sinks in and you realize you want to kill them. I do love that will smith lost the battle of public opinion and quite enjoy the idea of his pompous ass never making it back to being beloved.
    Go Cats!

Will Smith has resigned from the Academy.

There is a disciplinary hearing upcoming as well.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/enter...rs/7251755001/

I think his resignation shows how much public opinion is against him. Kind of a desperation move, probably recommended by his PR team in an attempt to stop the bleeding.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

All I have to say about that is, the Oscars were about as dead as a fish out of the water, and this sort of resuscitated them. It's a winning situation for them.