Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thank goodness we're going "green"

Shut down that nasty Keystone pipeline, regulating fracking and other US oil production out of existence, have already shut down coal.

So now we just import 500,000-600,000 barrels of oil A DAY from Russia.

And then we abandon Afghanistan like a damned screaming 2 year old running from a spider and end up with Russia invading Ukraine, which is now SHELLING the largest nuclear plant in Europe.

Going to be really green when that radiation trails through the atmosphere. ANd we're going to do a lot to help the climate and environment b/c I'm sure Russian drilling and transport of oil is far more environmentally conscious than what we do in the US.

Great move. Really. Genius. Don't worry about cause and effect or economic incentives. Ignore all of that and just be a religious zealot. That always works out well.

We're about to see stagflation, with rising inflation and interest rates. B/c the inflationary pressures are structural, due to our shrinking ability to provide for our energy needs well before we have shifted to any alternatives. It's going to be REALLY painful, and politically unsurvivable btw, which means it will all be pointless in the end.

And during this time we'll see expansion of totalitarianism and even more environmental damage than people can imagine.

Maybe, just maybe, an economically and energy secure United States is really what's important to the future of this planet, so we can defend against the fascists and lunatics and support democracy and liberty. From a position of strength we can do things like work on better energy usage. From a position of weakness we can't even survive, much less influence world policy.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 03-03-2022 at 07:22 PM.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: Thank goodness we're going "green"

Filled my car with gas this morning. Was $63. Used to be $30 for a full fill.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Filled my car with gas this morning. Was $63. Used to be $30 for a full fill.
    Let's go Brandon!

See,when people like Obama and Biden and the rest talk about how things are going to be more expensive to go green, and they did, I don't think people quite got what that meant. It didn't mean a little, or a dab here and there. It meant doubling or tripling the price of basic economic inputs like oil and gas, which then doubles or triples food prices, car prices, building materials, etc.

We are doing to ourselves what people wanted to bomb OPEC for in the 1970s. Really?

I'm all for going green, but only to the degree we do it where 1) it makes a difference to the world climate (this does not due to China/India/Russia producing and polluting all the more), and 2) in a way where the US doesn't become a second rate power which basically turns the world over to totalitarianists who will further erode liberty and US influence.

Diverting money to R&D, moving to other technologies where we can is great. Strangling the f***ing artery that feeds our economic heart when we have no other way to carry blood to it is just stupid as hell.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

CBBN, our fearful leader is actually supporting the the war in Ukraine buy purchasing oil from Russia, when we could be developing it ourselves. We shouldn't be buying a tube of grease from them, much less 500,000 to 600,000 barrels of oil.

He inherited an energy independent country in January of 2021. Let that sink in a minute…..
    Stopping pipelines and fracking without a plan to fill that void….or to have the alternate sources to supplant the petroleum we were using…….smh

#1. Stupidity, #2 .money manipulation, #3. sucking up to the clueless minority, #4.total failure as a leader, #5. Complete obedience to Jarrett and Obama, #6. he has run our of children's hair to sniff.

Take your pick or picks.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    He inherited an energy independent country in January of 2021. Let that sink in a minute…..
    Stopping pipelines and fracking without a plan to fill that void….or to have the alternate sources to supplant the petroleum we were using…….smh
    Pretty damned stunning isn't it?

The "plan" was to just force us to all switch to green technologies. The problem is they can't possibly be viable substitutes for years if not decades. They fully knew they only way to force that switch was if fossil fuel was made far more expensive to make "green" choices more viable, and that we would have years of economic pain until those technologies then took hold.

They see it as putting an addict on cold turkey. I see it as global economic suicide that does nothing to slow the pace of climate change.

It won't have any positive impact on climate for several reasons fwiw:

1. it will be reversed at the polls. The far left will lose in the next election and then we are just see sawing back and forth.
    2. We have just ended up bringing in foreign oil since we can't just all walk or ride bikes in the short term, so no net gain in our emissions
    3. Even if we cut ours tremendously it won't help b/c the rest of the world isn't cutting theirs at all, and they will simply supplant us economically in production and thus take over our pollution footprint as well as our global economic influence.

It's a fools errand for fools. It was never going to change a damned thing,but the far left isn't really known for its intelligence or empirical successes, since they have none to their credit.

It's a fools errand for fools. It was never going to change a damned thing,but the far left isn't really known for its intelligence or empirical successes, since they have none to their credit.
    They felt that they needed a liberal issue that they could hang their hats on, you know, one of those touchy feely issues that soccer moms, and 8th year Ivy league psychology majors could fret over at their pot brownie get togethers.
    seeya
    dan

EVs will be banned in east Texas as there will be nothing coming out of the plug ins to charge them with and they do not want I-20 turned into a parking lot of full discharged electric vehicles.

Eco regulations force massive coal plant to shut down, sparking community uproar

seeya
    dan

Does anyone believe that the 8 billion population could have a huge impact on the environment.

Bill Gates tells Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm, shut down all coal plants.

Linkage
    seeya
    dan

Honestly it blows my mind that any rational American would believe that bull crap.

Hitler, Xi, Fidel, Mikhail, all indoctrinated to their way of thought as young impressionable children, and the children had no idea that they were being lied to and their parents were to scared to tell them what was true.

Government of the United States is following their disgusting lead.

Linkage
    seeya
    dan

My new car with run on fentanyl. It’s welcomed by the Brandon administration across the open border.

How often does the car OD?
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 03-25-2023 at 06:21 PM.
    seeya
    dan

Interesting discourse on the true facts about going green.

Linkage
    seeya
    dan

seeya
    dan

seeya
    dan

Electric big rigs. Anyone here remember the transportation infrastructure collapse during the early days of covid19? It is gonna get worse than that if the greenies have their way.

Linkage
    seeya
    dan

seeya
    dan

seeya
    dan

This is a positive development. I had thought Newsome would be long gone when the kaka hit that fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post

Granholm's whistle stop tour to support EV's and charging stations met an irate EV owner.

Don't you see I am important and need to get special privileges?
    seeya
    dan