Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: A little more straight forward approach

A little more straight forward approach

Missouri Democrats Introduce Legislation to Confiscate Firearms – Gives Gun Owners 90 Days to Turn in Weapons

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013...-turn-in-guns/
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Re: A little more straight forward approach

Well that's just stupid and is undermining to the more sensible positions of gun control advocates.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBrock View Post
    Well that's just stupid and is undermining to the more sensible positions of gun control advocates.
    No doubt part of the problem is the leaders of the anti-gun movement are very radical on the subject. Feinstein has gone on record more than once wanting a complete ban and confiscation, national ban on concealed carry, pretty much any restriction she can get. She said when the the last assault weapons ban took effect that if she'd had "51 votes" she'd have said "Mr. and Mrs. America turn in your guns." She's a zealot.

I don't agree with everything in the NRA approach, but what happens is there is no trust at all in this discussion. Anti-gun people think the NRA wants to hand out rocket launchers and the pro-gun people are convinced the anti-gun leaders will push for a complete ban so don't give them an inch.

And honestly there shouldn't be any. It's clear what Feinstein wants, few have been so honest about their long term goals as she, and while the NRA is nowhere near as radical as the anti-gun leaders they sure aren't big on compromise either.

Rupp's Runt

And so it goes..........
    MOLON LABE!

Rupp's Runt

This is just another one of those little "tests" to see how much they think they can get away with. A place to start. A litmus test, as it were.
    I know some folks out in Missouri, very nice people. If this were to pass and become law it would never be able to be realistically enforced. Ever. As would be the case in most States in the U.S.
    All I can say is this: the anti-gun crowd has no earthly idea of the power in Pandora's Box that they're trying to unwittingly open. Absolutely no conception at all. And if they ever get their wish they'll quickly realize they should have left that dog alone. JMHO.
    MOLON LABE!

Rupp's Runt

Another thought just crossed my mind too........this is MISSOURI they're attempting this in. The 'heartland', very rich in the gun culture. This isn't New York, Illinois, or California. They're attempting this in MISSOURI. Let that thought sink in for a minute.
    What do they think they know so that they can accomplish this there? Is this a play out of a new strategy manual? Something does not pass the "smell test" here...........
    MOLON LABE!

Cold dead fingers

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    This is just another one of those little "tests" to see how much they think they can get away with. A place to start. A litmus test, as it were.
    I know some folks out in Missouri, very nice people. If this were to pass and become law it would never be able to be realistically enforced. Ever. As would be the case in most States in the U.S.
    All I can say is this: the anti-gun crowd has no earthly idea of the power in Pandora's Box that they're trying to unwittingly open. Absolutely no conception at all. And if they ever get their wish they'll quickly realize they should have left that dog alone. JMHO.
    It must be some kind of test because there is no way this will ever pass in the MO House, if there ever is a vote. The Republicans hold a 109-52 advantage in the MO House. Twenty-nine Republicans and ALL of the Democrats would have to vote in favor of the gun ban. It ain't gonna happen.

Any Democrat with sense should repudiate this bill.

Minnesota Dems have done the same thing.

Rupp's Runt

Okay, the same exact language in two different places. No, there's nothing here to see folks, move along now.........
    MOLON LABE!

Unforgettable

I tend to think the same thing, huge outdoor state, think BASS PRO SHOP headquarters and how much they bring in, big hunting state, huge fishing state where many are also gun owners and hunters.

Now I never thought Iowa, heartland country, would ever pass same sex marriage either.

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    Another thought just crossed my mind too........this is MISSOURI they're attempting this in. The 'heartland', very rich in the gun culture. This isn't New York, Illinois, or California. They're attempting this in MISSOURI. Let that thought sink in for a minute.
    What do they think they know so that they can accomplish this there? Is this a play out of a new strategy manual? Something does not pass the "smell test" here...........

Unforgettable

not enforceable, who is going to go house to house looking for these items? A play to their base, stir things up, get money contributions to their 'campaign pockets'.
    Lets hope every one of them gets defeated in their next election.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBrock View Post
    That phrase is an oxymoron, there is no such thing as a sensible position by gun control nuts. They push laws known not to work, to achieve an end goal of full ban and confiscation of all guns owned by citizens. If you do not think that is the goal, then you have done very little research on the organizations behind the movement.

In 2010, 2640 people were killed in fires (more than 200 a month) plus an additional 13,350 were injured. I say we need to "ban fire". Seems logical, right?

I do not have any stats, but untold thousands of people die in their sleep every year. I say we ban sleep. What do you think Darrell?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Unforgettable

[
    Does Darrell sleep?

I think we should ban knives, too many die from being stabbed.

Lets ban cell phones also, too many are being killed while driving and texting and talking and being distracted, plus it would save the innocents also

I would save ban chocolate because of obesity but hey I need that vice

QUOTE=dan_bgblue;56880]I do not have any stats, but untold thousands of people die in their sleep every year. I say we ban sleep. What do you think Darrell?[/QUOTE]

Let's ban progressives. All their regulations and restrictions are killing our country.