Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Nor easter blizzard of 2022

Nor easter blizzard of 2022

Thousands without power, many multiples of that number are stuck at home with no way to go any where. Government officials are instructing residents to stock up and stay home. Given the current state of transportation gridlock, I doubt that there is 2 days worth of groceries and toilet paper per person in NY city to stock up on.

“This is serious. We’re ready for this storm, and we also need Rhode Islanders to be ready,” Gov. Dan McKee said. “The best way to handle this storm is to stay home tomorrow.”

“Here’s what I’m asking New Yorkers: Just stay home,” New York Gov. Kathy Hochul said in a news conference Friday. “Just stay home, stock up on food, stock up on gas, stock up on your subscription to Netflix. I don’t want to see Long Island or New York state on the national news where everybody is jammed up on a highway for hours.”

New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy echoed Hochul and McKee's words. “This one is a big one. We’re certainly hoping for the best but we are, without question, preparing for the worst," he said in a Friday press conference. “Our advice to everyone is to be prepared to hunker down after you get home tonight. Stay home ... get yourself stocked up.”
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: Nor easter blizzard of 2022

^If this was a Kentucky winter storm, all the milk and bread would have been sold out days ago.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Been monitoring it this week. Daughter works in New York, including today, flies home tomorrow for 10 days, so we're hoping nothing gets screwed up.

Good luck to you and her. Early this morning there was approximately 25% of scheduled flights out of NYC, Boston, DC, and Philly, that were cancelled. IIRC she is in Syracuse so that is west of the major storm mess. If she can fly out of there without connecting in a major hub east of there, she may be in luck if they don't stack up in Chicago, Minneapolis. St Louis, Denver, Dallas, or Charlotte
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 01-29-2022 at 02:01 PM.
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Good luck to you and her. Early this morning there was approximately 25% of scheduled flights out of NYC, Boston, DC, and Philly, that were cancelled. IIRC she is in Syracuse do that is west of the major storm mess. If she can fly out of there without connecting in a major hub east of there, she may be in luck if they don't stack up in Chicago, Minneapolis. St Louis, Denver, Dallas, or Charlotte
    Flying out of Westchester County Airport. Flights today are all being canceled. Hoping tomorrow is better.

Dang that is a fur piece from Syracuse, It is right in the middle of this mess. Delta has direct flights to Detroit from that area if she can get out of Weschester
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 01-29-2022 at 02:12 PM.
    seeya
    dan

If she can get out of Weschester tomorrow at 3:30 pm on Delta to Atlanta, she can get home at 6:35 pm tomorrow evening
    seeya
    dan

If it gets bad she could drive west to Allentown/Bethlehem PA and fly out of there. One of my brothers commuted from Nazareth to Newark for years. It’s about a 90 minute drive so probably about two hours to White Plains.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

The governors of some of the state have closed all the roads except to emergency traffic. I know NJ MA, RI, and parts of NY are shut down to any semi traffic, private cars and trucks etc. I found it a bit amusing when they announced roads closed to all semi traffic and then turned right around and told everyone to stock up and hunker down at home. All of this weekend and next weeks groceries are sitting on the trucks they told told to parkem..
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 01-29-2022 at 03:55 PM.
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Dang that is a fur piece from Syracuse, It is right in the middle of this mess. Delta has direct flights to Detroit from that area if she can get out of Weschester
    She's in Middletown and Goshen.

Every airport is an hour from her, whether it's Laguardia, Newark, Stewart International, or Westchester County.

Think her Delta flight leaves tomorrow around noon to Atlanta, then to Birmingham. Fingers crossed.

Glad you did not send me after her. I would have missed by 200 miles
    seeya
    dan

Are they putting anything in the air this morning? If you talk to her, wish her good luck from me. I have spent a few snow days and nights in airports, particularly Sioux Falls, and Minneapolis. I offered to run a snow plow for them in exchange for a plane ticket that was actually going to fly south but never got any takers.
    seeya
    dan

According to their flight status, one is about to depart, all (except for two canceled American flights) are listed as on time later this morning
    Jetblue and Delta appear to be in service. Fingers crossed.

Weather is a sunny and balmy 12° today with no precipitation, so weather looks great. Little chilly last night as wind chill was 18 below, but I don't think she was doing any playing kickball in the street.

In Montana we call all that, “winter.”

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    In Montana we call all that, “winter.”
    That is a legitimate reason to only have 7.5 residents per square mile. Only Alaska, Wyoming and Wisconsin are less densely populated, and Wyoming and Wisconsin only fell 1.5 people per, short of Montana. Of course, Alaska, the land of permanent winter came in first or last depending on how one wants to view that statistic.
    seeya
    dan