Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: TV Antennas??

TV Antennas??

We’re jostling around TV’s, and I don’t want to add another box to a tv in a room that we’ll hardly ever use the tv in.

What are some good options for antennas to get local channels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Rupp's Runt

TV Antennas??

How far away do you live from a TV station?

Re: TV Antennas??

We got a couple of digital antennas for local stations but they pull in a few more. I couldn’t tell you what brand they are, we just ordered them from Amazon and stuck them up on the wall. They work fine unless it’s raining lol.

TV Antennas??

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    How far away do you live from a TV station?

Realistically 10mi. But most of the Louisville station’s towers are in the knobs which are actually closer to me.

I’m a five iron across the river from Looooeyville

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Rupp's Runt

TV Antennas??

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post

I’m sorry lol

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post

From that distance, I'd say any omnidirectional antenna would work. Probably even an indoor one. Those should be plentiful in the $30-40 range.

TV Antennas??

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    I’m sorry lol

I know, right? I moved over here 20+ years ago for a job. At the time I preferred the :45 extra sleep verses sitting in traffic in the mornings…never mind the traffic debacle in the evening.

It was funny, as a kid we would do anything to avoid crossing a bridge into IN. There were only two reasons I’d cross, one was my parents kept a houseboat on the IN side the other was for BBQ. Lillies BBQ on 10th street, still some of the best I’ve ever had. She closed/retired over 20 years ago.

Last edited by blueboss; 02-15-2022 at 04:01 PM.

TV Antennas??

Dang!!! Cheap and easy, $30, 50 mile range, picked up 68 channels.

Not sure what they all are or if they’re any good, but we’ve got the local big four crystal clear.

Rupp's Runt

TV Antennas??

Living close to a city makes OTA pretty cheap and easy. For me, it is far from cheap and easy lol

I do not want to put anything outside so limited to an indoors. DC is my closest station (maybe Baltimore too) but at over 80 miles not a lot of indoor digital antenna options.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    I do not want to put anything outside so limited to an indoors. DC is my closest station (maybe Baltimore too) but at over 80 miles not a lot of indoor digital antenna options.
    Nope, you are SOL like myself.

A few years ago we got one of those thin sheet-type antennas we attached directly to the TV via coax. Kind of the digital version of rabbit ears.

What we got depended on which part of the house it was in. The best reception was on the upstairs TV with the antenna next to a window, but it had a low Spousal Acceptance Factor ("I'm divorcing you if it stays there," I think were her exact words). Downstairs was a better appearance, but worse reception.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

TV Antennas??

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    A few years ago we got one of those thin sheet-type antennas we attached directly to the TV via coax. Kind of the digital version of rabbit ears.

What we got depended on which part of the house it was in. The best reception was on the upstairs TV with the antenna next to a window, but it had a low Spousal Acceptance Factor ("I'm divorcing you if it stays there," I think were her exact words). Downstairs was a better appearance, but worse reception.
    So how does the new spouse feel about the upstairs TV/antennae?

Obviously I’m kidding! I like that term “Spousal Acceptance Factor” (SAF)… sounds like your SAF range may be a bit more broader than my SAF range.

Last edited by blueboss; 03-03-2022 at 05:08 PM.