Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Ronnie Spector has passed

Ronnie Spector has passed

We have lost another talented individual.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Re: Ronnie Spector has passed

Three kisses back to her. Into God's care Veronica.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

She was truly unique and made the world a lot cooler when she was in it. RIP.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Be My Baby is such a fun song to listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Be My Baby is such a fun song to listen to.
    Brian Wilson talking about Be My Baby, which he said was pretty much the perfect pop song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiSc...el=CarlNilsson

I remember hearing an interview with Carnie Wilson where she said her dad woke them up every morning with Be My Baby playing at max volume. He was definitely a fan.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Rupp's Runt

I don't follow any of these musical folks like some of you here do, so here is my question: in Eddie Money's song "Take Me Home Tonight", he mentions someone named "Ronnie" in the song........is this who he was referring to, Ronnie Spector? Thanks in advance!
    MOLON LABE!

Yes and she sang in that song too

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    I don't follow any of these musical folks like some of you here do, so here is my question: in Eddie Money's song "Take Me Home Tonight", he mentions someone named "Ronnie" in the song........is this who he was referring to, Ronnie Spector? Thanks in advance!

Rupp's Runt

Thanks, Flounder! I did not know either of those.
    I remember listening to the Ronettes as a kid, always liked that song "Be My Baby". And I always liked Eddie Money, was a big fan in my early adulthood years, especially while I was in the Army. Rick Springfield, Bryan Adams, Jon Bon Jovi too.

I don't listen to a lot of music anymore, but when I do it tends to be 70's-80's R&R, jazz, or what is referred to as 'Outlaw' country. I just don't care for much of passes as "music" today, especially from these little wannabe gangbanger jitterbugs that think they're gangsters but would fall over dead and mess themselves if they ever met a real gangster.
    MOLON LABE!