Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cancellations Taking a Toll on Bowl Season

Fab Five

Cancellations Taking a Toll on Bowl Season

Teams are backing out and bowls are being cancelled. Military Bowl, Fenway Bowl and Tony the Tiger Bowl so far.
    Real Fan since 1958

Comeback Cat

Re: Cancellations Taking a Toll on Bowl Season

Make them ineligible for a bowl next year and watch them suddenly have a team ready to go

This is all insanity and it needs to stop.. it’s time to push back

Quote Originally Posted by anderwt View Post
    This is all insanity and it needs to stop.. it’s time to push back
    Yep, question is when and who will!?!?

I don’t know.. Dr Fauci, as I thought he would, has way way too much of a voice… he is now recommending people who fly show proof of vaccination.. we can’t keep on as a society living like this, it’s not mentally healthy

Quote Originally Posted by anderwt View Post
    I don’t know.. Dr Fauci, as I thought he would, has way way too much of a voice… he is now recommending people who fly show proof of vaccination.. we can’t keep on as a society living like this, it’s not mentally healthy
    You’re exactly right it’s not sustainable. Lots of mental health issues have skyrocketed. One reason, I watch very little “news” anymore. It’s better for my mental health.

Comeback Cat

More risk of a college athlete getting seriously hurt crossing street than from any strain of Covid.

Sun Bowl out.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Sun Bowl out.
    That’s the Tony the Tiger Bowl.
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    That’s the Tony the Tiger Bowl.
    Ahh.

you know, we used to think of a Corona virus as a really bad cold...not we call it Omicron.

You reap what you sow. America was sold fear...America bought fear...America now lives in fear
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

This thing has killed two of my cousins, my cousins husband, my uncle and my brother in law and my childhood friend Vic, as well as my longtime friend Keith and several aquaintances. My wife Donna still has it and seems to be doing well after struggling with Covid pneumonia last week. I hope for sports too and think the world of you all, but this ‘ain’t a cold.
    Last edited by kingcat; 12-27-2021 at 08:37 AM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

I think he was referring to the new variant

I hope for sports too and think the world of you all, but this ‘ain’t a cold.

For some folks that are infected it can seem like a bad cold of a mild case of the flu, and for others it is a killer pneumonia. For the former they build natural immunity and then wonder what all the fuss is about while others get terribly ill and either think the are going to did or do die. It is not a disease to trifle with until you know which hand you have been dealt.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    This thing has killed two of my cousins, my cousins husband, my uncle and my brother in law and my childhood friend Vic, as well as my longtime friend Keith and several aquaintances. My wife Donna still has it and seems to be doing well after struggling with Covid pneumonia last week. I hope for sports too and think the world of you all, but this ‘ain’t a cold.
    Amen

Comeback Cat

Spoiler Alert. No one leaves this planet alive. Whether it’s Covid or heart disease or Opioid overdose or seasonal flu. When I was in elementary school we had polio to worry about which is a heck of a disease. Nothing shutdown. Covid is here to stay. Take it serious but by gosh I am going on and live my life and America needs to as well imo

One and Done

Quote Originally Posted by LakeCat View Post
    Spoiler Alert. No one leaves this planet alive. Whether it’s Covid or heart disease or Opioid overdose or seasonal flu. When I was in elementary school we had polio to worry about which is a heck of a disease. Nothing shutdown. Covid is here to stay. Take it serious but by gosh I am going on and live my life and America needs to as well imo
    The whole problem is “take it serious” and “live my life” have been in direct conflict with one another from the get go. If everyone were able to do both simultaneously, health care workers would have a much easier job.

One and Done

Quote Originally Posted by Blueridge View Post
    The whole problem is “take it serious” and “live my life” have been in direct conflict with one another from the get go. If everyone were able to do both simultaneously, health care workers would have a much easier job.
    That's the rub.

Comeback Cat

I am getting my booster shot tomorrow. But I guarantee you I am not requiring visitors to my home show a vacation card as Fauci spews. Having kindergarten kids sit outside in Winter to eat lunches? This is the absurdity of what I reject and that includes this testing protocol on college and pro athletes that have essentially no risk of being seriously ill from Covid

Let’s not forget requiring companies over 100 employees to be completely vaccinated or test weekly.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post

For some folks that are infected it can seem like a bad cold of a mild case of the flu, and for others it is a killer pneumonia. For the former they build natural immunity and then wonder what all the fuss is about while others get terribly ill and either think the are going to did or do die. It is not a disease to trifle with until you know which hand you have been dealt.
    Exactly. What people seem to be missing is that this thing is a Russian roulette revolver.

Everyone knows people who got it and had nothing more than a cold (so far), and some had a nasty level flu from it.

But then other people like Keith die in 3 days from it.

Just found out my GF's sister in law had it, had a stroke, is now on ventilation and probably not going to make it. Covid can cause excess clotting and that seems to be what happened, the clot went to her brain.

Clearly we can't huddle in fear, but we can't treat it like a nasty cold season either. A complete lockdown IMO was an overreaction, but going and sitting maskless and unvaccinated with a bunch of people is most definitely an under-reaction.

As a business I don't blame the teams for their response. You can't let people you know are infected just run around infecting others, so you have to quarantine them during their contagious period. that's just common sense. If you do that with enough of your staff it's dang hard to function.

The problem is once it's on the team it's hard to know who may have it or not even with testing until some time has elapsed. The tests aren't 100%.

I won't live in fear, but I will remember that discretion is the better part of valor. We can't hole up forever, and eventually I'm sure about everyone will have had some variant of it just like the flu, but it can be a lot more deadly than the flu so we need to act accordingly.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post

Dan, yes. You are correct. For some it (omicron) is very serious. Just like the flu is. Just like a really bad cold is. If you have co-morbidities, it can be a very long illness or worse. Heck, I may be one of those at risk given weight factors and lung history. But for the vast majority of people, it is not.

Everyone will get Covid. Most likely multiple times whether your vaxxed or not. It is something we have to learn to live with until they hopefully come up with medications to cure it or significantly reduce the affects.
    Follow me on Twitter @krcrider

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Exactly. What people seem to be missing is that this thing is a Russian roulette revolver.

Everyone knows people who got it and had nothing more than a cold (so far), and some had a nasty level flu from it.

But then other people like Keith die in 3 days from it.

Just found out my GF's sister in law had it, had a stroke, is now on ventilation and probably not going to make it. Covid can cause excess clotting and that seems to be what happened, the clot went to her brain.

Clearly we can't huddle in fear, but we can't treat it like a nasty cold season either. A complete lockdown IMO was an overreaction, but going and sitting maskless and unvaccinated with a bunch of people is most definitely an under-reaction.

As a business I don't blame the teams for their response. You can't let people you know are infected just run around infecting others, so you have to quarantine them during their contagious period. that's just common sense. If you do that with enough of your staff it's dang hard to function.

The problem is once it's on the team it's hard to know who may have it or not even with testing until some time has elapsed. The tests aren't 100%.

I won't live in fear, but I will remember that discretion is the better part of valor. We can't hole up forever, and eventually I'm sure about everyone will have had some variant of it just like the flu, but it can be a lot more deadly than the flu so we need to act accordingly.
    That’s about as good an evaluation as you will read, as well as Dans post above.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

The bubonic plague killed over 25 million people back in the dark ages, and today there is still no vaccine against it in the USA. The disease has not been eradicated, here or elsewhere, and still commonly kills 7 Americans a year on average. Bubonic plague can be fatal if it’s not treated. It can create infection throughout the body (septicemic plague) and / or infect your lungs (pneumonic plague.) Without treatment, septicemic plague and pneumonic plague are both fatal, and in many cases are fatal even when treated.

I don't see any news reports about plague scares, but the people dying from the disease are likely living in cardboard boxes in alley ways. Back in the day, there were "rat catchers" and people were paid a few cents per rat for every one they killed and brought in to the local "health official". A large number of the "rat catchers" were urchins, who commonly died thru contact with the fleas carried by their catch.

I remember the polio vaccine was given to students when I was in grade school and was administered in a sugar cube, and the small pox vaccine was administered thru a multiple needle nozzle in the upper arm. There was no need for a smallpox passport as the scars the shot left were readily visible on the upper arm for many years after being inoculated. I also remember that the more feminine girls at school absolutely hated that scar on their arm.

I do not remember there being any public discussion about either of the inoculations of the children . Children went to school one day and went home inoculated. My parents probably knew all about it in advance as there was surely discussion at church before the vaccine was administered. I am also sure that television news reports were not an issue as only about 20% of the families in our area had TV sets to be able to view the 1 TV channel that was available from daylight to dark when everyone was working.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I’m sorry any loss that has occurred… but each variant is different and we now have a vaccine: it’s a ridiculous that we are two years into this and we still have cancellations and testing HEALTHY people. It’s quite simple, the unvaccinated, if not gotten it by now, sure as heck isn’t going to run out and get it for this variant. Covid is now one’s political ploy like what food stamps and government checks are.. the tentacles never get taken out once they get you sucked in

Usually a couple times a decade some one, a trapper usually, dies of plague in the west, skinning a rabbit or something that had it.

The vaccine that we use today against polio is the modified injection. The sugar cube was safer back then but the early injections could cause polio, and did. Sabin and Salk vaccines.

A couple of million people have died world wide of covid and we will hit a million dead in this country next year. One out of every hundred older americans have died, “greatest generation” to oldest boomers.

It is not a cold or flu. You don’t know until you get it how sick you will get.

And that uncertainty is what shuts down college sports; young athletes will likely all recover, but maybe not. Truth is, that’s the boat we are all in, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Critter View Post
    Everyone will get Covid. Most likely multiple times whether your vaxxed or not. It is something we have to learn to live with until they hopefully come up with medications to cure it or significantly reduce the affects.
    Very likely, but to the extent we can slow the spread we can buy time to come up with those treatments for people.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

2 years… 2 years… being told the same wrong info over and over… remember when Fauci and WHO said if you get vaccinated you can’t spread the virus? If you can’t remember , I got the video..