Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Editing the Constitution

by The Boston Globe

Their ideas are to liberal for my liking.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: Editing the Constitution

Liberals hate the republic for which our flag stands.

Then those who hate the flag need to get the F out!

Rupp's Runt

The 2nd Amendment, in my understanding, has always been about the right of the individual to be armed. But that's just me, and 'my understanding' of it. But after the Heller ruling, I believe that's what the Supreme Court sees as well.
    And I truly believe that amending the Constitution should be hard to do, as was intended by our Founding Fathers.

And I agree 100% with the first three posters in this thread!
    MOLON LABE!

During our pledge of allegiance to the flag the pledge also includes “the republic for which it stands” of the united States of America. That is the country liberals want to get rid of. The language is everywhere, aimed at the electoral college, the senate, the rural states, etc.

Feel free to amend the Constitution. There is a process to do so. OR, as said above, if you don't like it, get the F out as so eloquently said.

The biggest issue is this:

People thinking they are smarter, more capable, and somehow just more wise than the Founding Fathers. As if somehow having cell phones and cars has changed the nature of power, politics, economics or human liberty or nature.

Well, it hasn't, and you'd have to comb this country with a lice comb one foot at a time to find the equal of those gentlemen. They knew what they were doing and why, and for people now to come along and think things are all different or that those basic concepts are outdated reminds me of every teenager as they complain that their problems are all so much different b/c the world is so much different than their parents.

Well, it's not different. My 16 year old step-daughter is wrong that her parents don't "get it" despite the fact that we didn't have phones in our pockets in the 1980s, and all these other people are wrong that somehow the Constitution and the ideology behind it are outmoded.

Power corrupts. That has not changed one iota from 1776. Nor has tyranny of the majority, the mentality of the mob, or the selfishness and stupidity of Mankind. The Founders knew the only way to protect against power and corruption was to pit power against itself. The more we make things efficient and give the majority more power over the minority, the more we lose the liberty they sat out to give us.

The document should evolve, but the basic principles and work of the FOunders should be given MASSIVE presumption. Start every discussion with " I am not 1/100th the man that Adams/Madison/Jefferson was, so I present this idea with all due humility, that...."
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.