Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

CA Businessman Kills Five Gang Members In Multiple Attacks

Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Re: CA Businessman Kills Five Gang Members In Multiple Attacks

Wow, what a story. Enjoyed watching that while eating a sandwich at my desk. Glamorous lunch.

I went from feeling the guy is a hero--even though he shuns that kind of talk--to feeling very sorry for him as a result of what the gang members have caused him to have to do today.

It is sad. The guy had found something he loved doing, became successful, and forced to defend his turf...perhaps a little too long. I've wondered about the aftermath of defending home and family if someone feels the need to even the score.

I was trying to put myself in his shoes, wondering...how long would I do that? The man was blessed with a strong character and good fortune, but it's only a matter of time til your fortune runs out. He knew that, and showed intelligence in picking the right time.

Would I?

I don't know, but I hope I never have to find out.

I think he waited just a bit too long. The experience jaded him and robbed him of his spirit. Reminds me of Jack Nicholson's Joker quote: Decent people shouldn't live here. (or something like that) None of us are Superman or Batman. If you're surrounded by lawlessness, it's time to move.

The police obviously see the threats on his life as credible or no way he'd have a carry permit. They're nearly impossible to get in most of California.

I think whether I stayed would have a lot to do with whether I had family or not. I might be ticked off enough to stay if it were just me. Honestly I hope I'd just move, but you sure hate to surrender like that too.

BTW what's wrong with the system when you walk into a store and open fire in a robbery and hit the guy 4 times and get 5 years and you're back on the streets? That's life without parole in my book. You are unfit to be in decent society. Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    The police obviously see the threats on his life as credible or no way he'd have a carry permit. They're nearly impossible to get in most of California.

I think whether I stayed would have a lot to do with whether I had family or not. I might be ticked off enough to stay if it were just me. Honestly I hope I'd just move, but you sure hate to surrender like that too.
    Permits vary by county, as issuance is up to the Sheriff. A pro-gun sheriff will issue liberally, and the anti-gun sheriff comes in and not renew them. LA is one of the areas where they are traditionally difficult to get.

Unforgettable

great story, surprised the dumbies kept coming in his store.

badrose I think one has to have his mind strongly made up that if one is forced to defend their family and home that htey would shoot and kill someone, if you don't have that mindset, dont' wait until the last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    BTW what's wrong with the system when you walk into a store and open fire in a robbery and hit the guy 4 times and get 5 years and you're back on the streets? That's life without parole in my book. You are unfit to be in decent society. Forever.
    That's the untold story here, and the one of more significance to us as a whole. Sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    That's the untold story here, and the one of more significance to us as a whole. Sickening.
    People want to blame guns or whatever. The problem is people with so little regard for others they'd kill someone over the cash in the register. The really sad part is we know who they are, 75%+ of all crimes are committed by people who have already committed others, and we keep letting them back into society.

Forget gun bans. Legalize pot and a few other drugs to get these petty guys out of jail and undermine the monetary force behind most crime in this country, and never let anyone out again who commits armed robbery and similar crimes. Ever.

We can fix the crime and gun violence problems in this country within a year if someone would give me benevolent dictatorship powers for a while.

It really is sick. Guy shot another human being in a robbery and 5 years later he's back among us. Just hard to get that to sink in, and even harder to then understand why anyone is confused as to why we have the problems we have.

Rupp's Runt

Please don't even get me started.............
    MOLON LABE!

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    Please don't even get me started.............
    No doubt my friend. You're on the front lines.