Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Anyone have a Facebook Portal?

Anyone have a Facebook Portal?

I'm thinking about purchasing a FB Portal for my parents. They are on sale for $79 (normally $179).

The reviews are mostly good,... some said it could be glitchy or that you need strong internet connection. Of course, some of those review were older and I know an updated version came out this year.

There are two versions for $79...the picture frame type and the one that sits on top of your TV. If I get the one with the tv connection, me and Pops can watch the Cats together...but it comes with another remote and he is not very Techy. The picture frame would be nice for both Mom and Dad to carry around the house.

I would appreciate any thougts! Thanks.

Yes, we bought my in-laws that last Christmas. They are each 90½ years old, still live by themselves, each have their iPads and participate on Facebook daily.

They have loved using this. Grandchildren and children from all over the country have video chatted (is that the right word?) with them on the device. They have it on their fireplace mantle, and like to stand up and talk. I've been on a few chats with them, and they love it.

There are probably better options, but this just works for them.

They don't have the greatest internet in the world, but it does fine for them.

Re: Anyone have a Facebook Portal?

Is this the beginning of Mark's Metaverse?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: Anyone have a Facebook Portal?

Appreciate the feedback D!

You're welcome!