Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Rupp's Runt

Amazon Protection Plan

Anyone ever purchased the Amazon protection plan? I'm buying a generator that is $1100. Their protection plan is $139 for 4 years. It states "NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included".

For $139 I would probably add that if the above is true.

Re: Amazon Protection Plan

Does the manufacturer offer a good warranty? What does shipping cost without the protection plan?

To answer your question, I have never bought an additional warranty from Amazon.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Rupp's Runt

Amazon Protection Plan

I think the manufacturer is 3 year parts only. No shipping or labor.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

Fab Five

Odds are you will never need the warranty coverage. That’s a major reason the additional warranties are offered. They are highly profitable to the merchant. However, if $139 buys you peace of mind, go for it.

If you are going to buy a warranty, I would comparison shop to see what other retailers tell you about warranties they offer and see how that affects overall cost. Warranty costs generally aren’t listed in the advertised price and could vary significantly from merchant to merchant.
    Real Fan since 1958

I bought one once when I bought a refurbished Dyson vaccuum. Never had to use it.

Purchasing with some credit cards will get you an extended warranty--you may want to check out whether your card offers that.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 11-14-2021 at 08:04 PM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Fab Five

I should have added to my post above that if you are in a purchasing phase of life, consider taking the money you would spend on protection plans, warranty plans, or some type of insurance and putting it in a dedicated savings account. Even if you purchase multiple items the chances of a warranty problem developing are minute.

This will enable you over time to become self insured not only for the items purchased, but also for anything else that may go wrong in your home. It is a forced savings, but sometimes we all need a bit of that push.
    Real Fan since 1958

Question for you, anyone checked out the BestBuy TotalTech Membership. Supposedly free delivery and support on all items purchased there AND free support on items not even purchased there.

Rupp's Runt

Sorry, I have not heard of the Best Buy membership. Sadly I have not even been in a Best Buy in many years now.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Sorry, I have not heard of the Best Buy membership. Sadly I have not even been in a Best Buy in many years now.
    Me either. But I always price compare them online and they price match so this would be a good deal if I have plans to buy electronics.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    Me either. But I always price compare them online and they price match so this would be a good deal if I have plans to buy electronics.
    I still shop their website but I have not purchased anything in a long time. The Owensboro store has an open box item I am interested in, but doubt I make it over there to see it.

PS we are going back to Disney over MLK weekend

PS we are going back to Disney over MLK weekend
    LOL, I will be there the week after Thanksgiving. Taking my granddaughter for her first ever trip!

Rupp's Runt

Amazon Protection Plan

Fun. How old is she?

Fun. How old is she?

She is 7. Perfect age.

Rupp's Runt

Well the generator I was going to buy went up $400 over a two week period. So I opted for a very similar Champion generator from TSC. Champion has a decent warranty so I did not purchase the Amazon warranty.