Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Went through Birmingham today

On my way home and thought of you good folks. I passed through at 2:00 at a low altitude and a high rate of speed. We made it to Cullman before Grammy got hungry and a little irritable. Cracker Barrel of course. Made it all the way to Columbia, TN and she wanted to stop for the night. I wanted to go on home. We decided to compromise. We are staying in Columbia tonight and going on home tomorrow. 😀
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    On my way home and thought of you good folks. I passed through at 2:00 at a low altitude and a high rate of speed. We made it to Cullman before Grammy got hungry and a little irritable. Cracker Barrel of course. Made it all the way to Columbia, TN and she wanted to stop for the night. I wanted to go on home. We decided to compromise. We are staying in Columbia tonight and going on home tomorrow. 😀
    IIRC there’s a pretty good BBQ joint in Cullman, I can’t remember the name. Not remembering the name may speak to how good it was/wasn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blueboss; 11-04-2021 at 07:44 PM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Went through Birmingham today

Johnny's or Moe's?

Fab Five

Johnny's is the place for BBQ in Cullman. The Q and peach cobbler is hard to beat. Moe's is ok. It's a chain that is popular. If you go there get the pulled pork sandwich Bama Style.
    Real Fan since 1958

Already past there and heading north. Woke up this morning in Columbia, TN. Don't have too far to go, but may have some stops along the way as Grammy was noticing some shopping points between here and home...

We decided to compromise. We are staying in Columbia tonight and going on home tomorrow.
    Compromises like that lead to long marriages, and sometimes grumpy husbands, but they hide the grumpiness well.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

No grumpiness. My outlook is that just may have been God's way of keeping us out of harm's way. And in the long run what did it matter if we stayed overnight somewhere else, we spent it together...

Good story.

Good thing you drove on to Tennessee before stopping. I hear things about the kind of people who live in Birmingham.....
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Dan, it was your turn today at 2:00 o'clock. Went through BG at a fairly brisk clip but I thought of you and I waved, quietly as Grammy was resting her eyes and dreaming of being on the beach...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Thought I heard a low sonic boom yesterday. I was on I65 South around 1 yesterday CT, 2pm ET. Did we pass each other?

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Good thing you drove on to Tennessee before stopping. I hear things about the kind of people who live in Birmingham.....
    I have met many nice people on here, but Mr Cartwright and Mick are aces in my book. On this tip about 4 or 5 years ago Grammy was not feeling none too perky and I happened to mention that fact on this board.
    Within five minutes both had offered me the names and addresses of several immediate care facilities in the location of where we were staying and Mick told me where to find an Awesome cup of coffee (Edgar's) at the same exit. They actually offered other assistance. Folks like that do not happen by everyday. I do not have to meet them in person to know they are quality people, just like 99 44/100% of the folks on this board...

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Thought I heard a low sonic boom yesterday. I was on I65 South around 1 yesterday CT, 2pm ET. Did we pass each other?
    I was going up I65 right when the truck pulling an RV type trailer jackknifed (I swear to goodness we didn't cause it) and I just pray everyone is OK. Have you all heard if they were alright?

I didn't hear about it. I worked half day at the office, half day at home and must have missed it.

I think that bodes well, then.
    I love the state of Alabama but man alive, I have to have my teeth tightened after driving through Birmingham. It was like rolling along a washboard...

Fab Five

I have met many nice people on here, but Mr Cartwright and Mick are aces in my book. On this tip about 4 or 5 years ago Grammy was not feeling none too perky and I happened to mention that fact on this board.
    Within five minutes both had offered me the names and addresses of several immediate care facilities in the location of where we were staying and Mick told me where to find an Awesome cup of coffee (Edgar's) at the same exit. They actually offered other assistance. Folks like that do not happen by everyday. I do not have to meet them in person to know they are quality people, just like 99 44/100% of the folks on this board...
    Your words are too kind. Obviously you have done something along the way that just makes people help out when they can. Hope we can meet up sometime here in the Ham or down on the beach. The FloraBama seems to have great appeal to Kentuckians. It could be the music.
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    Your words are too kind. Obviously you have done something along the way that just makes people help out when they can. Hope we can meet up sometime here in the Ham or down on the beach. The FloraBama seems to have great appeal to Kentuckians. It could be the music.

Or the people watchin'...

Or the people watchin'...
    Might be the bras

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

I have met many nice people on here, but Mr Cartwright and Mick are aces in my book.
    They're actually Russian AI bots. You can't really tell at all though. Amazing tech.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Then there is blueboss and Catonahottinroof, who can ALWAYS be counted on for the low down of where to eat in the Southeast. Pirate House in Savannah, Pecan rusted Fried Chicken, 'nuff said...

Fab Five

Then there is blueboss and Catonahottinroof, who can ALWAYS be counted on for the low down of where to eat in the Southeast. Pirate House in Savannah, Pecan rusted Fried Chicken, 'nuff said...
    I thought I knew a lot about Seafood in NOLA. But it was COAHTR that opened my eyes to Drago’s
    Real Fan since 1958

I like this thread:

Went thru old
    Birmingham
    On my way home
    Thought of you
    Speedin thru
    Columbia
    Bowling Green
    Dreamin drivin
    heartland windshield
    My heart my eyes
    My girl at my side
    Contented.

That is beautiful...

“Honey” Pecan Crusted Fried Chicken

How about in haiku form:

Thought of you good folks
    Went thru Birmingham today
    Grammy compromised.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

There once was a man from Nantucket....

Whose wife kept his 'nads in her pocket...