Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Minneapolis

Minneapolis

Big vote coming up in Minneapolis this week on defunding the police and starting up a new branch of city protection that would be run by the mayor.
    But still no word on how they would be run or governed but the city wants you to vote for defunding.
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

Re: Minneapolis

Omar Has the Answer I am sure.

She and her squad members have spent over $100,000.00 of taxpayer money for private security for themselves during the defunding of the police activities.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    Big vote coming up in Minneapolis this week on defunding the police and starting up a new branch of city protection that would be run by the mayor.
    But still no word on how they would be run or governed but the city wants you to vote for defunding.

Linkage WSJ
    seeya
    dan

If Omir has anything to do with it, it will be replaced with Sharia Law.

Rupp's Runt

The people of Minneapolis are looking pretty dumb right now. And have been looking so for a few years.

I don't know what they'll do, but if I was a betting man I would believe that the voters will continue on this path that their political leadership seems inclined to lead them down. JMHO, I may be wrong. And I hope I'm wrong, but......stupid is as stupid does, so I guess we'll find out for sure.

There was a time when the folks of Minnesota were the fair minded and reasonable people that we all want to be. Now I'm not so sure.
    MOLON LABE!

Every time you hear a story it happened in Minneapolis, guess Obama flooded the city with so many refugees.

A frozen port a potty

Minnie is a banking and insurance mecca and has been for a long time. Company I used to work for had their home office there and it was a requirement that the peons like me visit there for a week twice a year. Had to fly in and out of their dump of an airport on Northwest/Delta. Northwest had their hub there before merging with Delta. That was an excellent airline imo, but their home airport is MSN and the Delta merger did not improve them one bit.

I have a very low opinion of that city. They are very proud of the Mall of the Americas and their fake steamboat tours of the upper Mississippi River.
    seeya
    dan

They had a bridge fall into the Mississippi. They are exhibit A for not building infrastructure in some massive trillion dollar voter buying spree without requiring the local taxpayers to maintain it. Exhibit A on total failure. Your bridge connecting the Twin Cities fell down.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    A frozen port a potty
    A turdcicle.

The defund the police bill failed
    Last edited by Doc; 11-07-2021 at 06:58 AM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

It was not even close. And all the councilpeople who were pushing the defund movement got beat. bad...

I hung out with the equity czar of mini apples. She was telling me how the police evolved from slave catchers in the south. I told her she was Diana Moon Glampers. Then we had to go back to only talking about sports. Glad to see her woke safety dept failed.

I told her she was Diana Moon Glampers
    Kurt would have appreciated the reference.
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Kurt would have appreciated the reference.
    She had to look it up. I guess Kurt is passe’. The story is public domain and can be read in its entirety on the internet.

They had a bridge fall into the Mississippi. They are exhibit A for not building infrastructure in some massive trillion dollar voter buying spree without requiring the local taxpayers to maintain it. Exhibit A on total failure. Your bridge connecting the Twin Cities fell down.
    One of my required visits to Minnie occurred 2 days after the bridge failed. There was lots of news talk about the quality and safety of other bridges in the aree in the day leading up to my trip. I had made plans to drive in on this trip instead of flying in. All the news did not make me feel great about crossing the river between St Paul and Minnie.
    seeya
    dan

The bridge from St. Louis to East St. Louis didn't fall down, but was closed forever. The one not paid for by federal interstate funds.

I think St. Louis was good with that though. lol.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Mmmmmmm........

Vonnegut references. I love you guys.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    The bridge from St. Louis to East St. Louis didn't fall down, but was closed forever. The one not paid for by federal interstate funds.

I think St. Louis was good with that though. lol.
    Was that the Eads Bridge? I can't remember. I believe it was still open to Mr. Peabody's coal trains.
    Real Fan since 1958

I am pretty sure that the Eads bridge underwent a multiyear renovation project, and was closed for several years, but is now open to traffic. However the Stan Musial and the MLK (formerly the Veterans) bridges have taken most of the daily load off the Eads bridge.
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    Was that the Eads Bridge? I can't remember. I believe it was still open to Mr. Peabody's coal trains.
    MLK bridge when I was in college I think. That's b/c technically it was East St Louis' responsibility to maintain it and of course that town was dead broke. It did eventually reopen but years after I was out of school.

East ST. Louis is such a **** show. We'd watch stuff on the news at night and it would blow your mind. one report was a of a cop in hot pursuit of thieves who had to stop at a pay phone to call for backup b/c the radio in his car didn't work b/c of the lack of funds.

it's a great example of how the War on Poverty was a War on the Poor. They poured money into it in the 60s but forgot you need jobs and education to sustain a community, and as soon as the free federal money stopped it collapsed.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    it's a great example of how the War on Poverty was a War on the Poor. They poured money into it in the 60s but forgot you need jobs and education to sustain a community, and as soon as the free federal money stopped it collapsed.
    That was typical of the approach then and now.